Peter Gabriel - Passion CD (album) cover

Peter Gabriel

5 stars "The Last Temptation of Christ" is my favorite movie, and its original soundtrack is one my favorites as well. I've been listening to it for 10 years and it never gets old. It might be more "world music" than "progressive music", but I can't find a better example of mixing ethnic influences into such a masterpiece. When John Debney made the soundtrack for "The Passion of the Christ", although this movie is probably at the opposite end of the spectrum, he obviously drew a lot of influence from Peter Gabriel's works. Which is to say a lot. I guess he couldn't envision a JC-themed movie soundtrack without a soundtrack similar to the "Passion" album. I couldn't either.
Nao/Gilles | 5/5 |