Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway CD (album) cover

THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY

Genesis

4.28 | 2032 ratings

Nao/Gilles
3 stars I've always thought Yes' and Genesis' track-records were similar (I can find a striking resemblance between each of their respective 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th releases, maybe even further), this one is similar to "Tales from topographic oceans" in that it's a double album, it's very complex, and most people tend to think it's inferior to previous efforts from the band. Well, I for one love "TFTO" but I'm not that fond of Lamb. Not because of its length, but because its length should have allowed for long suites, which isn't the case--this is actually the first prog album from Genesis where most tracks are rather short in length.

There are still a few songs I really enjoy, such as "Hairless Heart", but all in all it's a tough album to sell, for me. I would rate it 3.5 stars, and I'll round it to 3 so that gives me more space to rate their other albums ;)

Nao/Gilles | 3/5 |