Tortoise - It's All Around You CD (album) cover

Post Rock/Math rock

5 stars I didn't really feel for Tortoise's record: "standards". The first few tracks blew me away (Seneca, Eros) and the last few ones were very good too, but the rest of the album was a mix of many different things - and the whole thing kind of failed in my eyes. It's All Around you does nothing like that. this is a perfect record, with all the right elements in the right way. It doesn't really remind you of Seneca of Eros (both from Standards), but the whole thing is complete.. the songs somehow connect with eachother.. I have no idea if anyone sees my point.. But it's because of the connection and "theme" in the songs that i rate this album as 5/5
theylitmyflames | 5/5 |