Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV CD (album) cover

LED ZEPPELIN IV

Led Zeppelin

Prog-jester
5 stars LED ZEPPELIN “IV” 5

Why is it best? Maybe, because all the previous elements now were combined together, ZEP’s fame has grown, the moment has come finally. Ah, and “Stairway to Heaven”, really :).

Here cam the moment, when LZ realized that they are MUSICIANS. They’ve shaped their musicianship to almost flawless condition, they’ve matured in songwriting (leave alone baby-etc clichés), they’ve grown to make their best album. I remember when I was in 8th grade we made a cover on “Rock and Roll”, and it wasn’t that bad, y’know ;) I guess the same way LZ felt making their nameless fourth plate, which was released without band’s name on it. Commercial suicide? You bet! LZ’s fourth has become one of the most successful and critically acclaimed albums in the history of mankind. There are very few people from those whom I know who dislike this one or haven’t heard it yet – I bet you can say the same thing about your friends as well. LZ’s highest point, their best from early years, a diamond that peaks the crown.

Best tracks: “Stairway to Heaven”, “When the Levee Breaks”, “Black Dog”, “Rock And Roll”, “The Battle of Evermore”, “Going to California”

Prog-jester | 5/5 |