The Watch - Primitive  CD (album) cover

PRIMITIVE

The Watch

Tapfret
2 stars Selling Italy by the Pomodoro

Research, must do more research before buyuing albums online.

This album was not only disappointing because I thought I was getting another can't miss Italian Progressive rock band, it was just flat annoying in any context. Let's not take away from the bands musical ability, they are good musicians. The mellotron sounds beautiful as always. Thats all fine and dandy. But when I buy Italian, i want to hear Italian. Not a caricature of Peter Gabriel backed by a garbled series of Genesis-esque 'parts', with musical non-sequitors and impenetrable platitudes.

I felt as if I had been to harsh after the first listen, but each susequent listen was less pleasurable. This band has the potential to be great. You know what would make them great? Just be a Genesis cover band. At least then they could be a Genesis clone and concentrate on doing that without the distraction of trying to write music. I am certainly not against emulating influences, even Genesis. I really enjoy Babylon's shot at it. But 'Primitive' is just to over the top in its quasi-cloning.

Tapfret | 2/5 |