Genesis - Selling England By The Pound CD (album) cover

5 stars Simply an amazing album! I must say here that it's got a real and true story/meaning to me. It's one of my first Prog albums (and believe me, I've got many). By that you all can see the importance that this little piece of work to me. And I believe I'm not alone in it. I believe there are a real plenty of people who has basically the same story to tell. And, if it doesn't have a importance like that, I can name you a real lot of people who really love this masterpiece.

But, why say it's not so perfect? Because that's a good reason. All tracks are really great (''Dancing With The Moonlit Knight'' is a good example of how good and involving Gabriel's voice is; ''I Know What I Like'' is a real good music who has a good chorus to sing; ''Firth Of Fifth '', the best Genesis' music in my opinion, has a good mix of piano, keyboards and drums, in a perfect harmonic and melodic way; ''The Battle Of Epping Forest'', a nice kind of novel, has a lot of good rythims and sensations; ''After The Ordeal '' and ''Aisle Of Plenty '' are a good example of ''transition musics''; and, to finish,I gotta say that ''The Cinema Show '' is a music that has a nice lyric, mixed with a some good melodic riffs). But that's one I don't like. ''More Fool Me'', with Collins in vocal, is simply horrible. It has a huge difference from other tracks ( I can't tell why, but that's a fact.)

Whatever, in my opinion, every prog rock fan must have this piece of work. ''Essential: a masterpiece of progressive music''

ProgPeter! | 5/5 |