Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick CD (album) cover

THICK AS A BRICK

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

Fight Club
5 stars Thick As A Brick is undoubtedly the greatest and most musically complex album released by Jethro Tull to date.

The album is an exceptional piece of music from the first note to last. Each member performs at his fullest and is given a good amount of time to solo (except there's no bass solo, however, it still runs circles around the playing of most others). The story's concept (based on a poem by an author I cannot recall at the moment) is actually very amusing. Tull's lyrics are always witty, which I find as an added bonus to great music.

Now the music here ranges from the strange folk to the insane progressive. It's quite an interesting mixture that Jethro Tull seems to pull off much better than anyone else. If you don't know this already, the album is one 40 minute song. You're probably thinking "[%*!#] it, I ain't listening to a 40 freakin' minute song!", but I guarantee you won't be disappointed! This is 40 minutes of pure ecstasy. The band seems to just jam endlessly and it gives me so much joy that even after 40 minutes I don't want it to end. It's musically complex and quite fun! Truly a masterpiece of music.

Fight Club | 5/5 |