Anthony Phillips - Wise After The Event CD (album) cover

Anthony Phillips

The Lost Chord
5 stars 9/10 Incredible

Far removed from the sound of "The Geese & The Ghost", Wise is still an incredible achievement. The music is very much ttrack by track, and there are no "Henry" runs to be found. Each song, though, is amazing, some greater than others, and the album is overall a total joy to listen to. There is some Genesis to be found on "Pulling Faces", and some of Ant's soundtrack style on "Regrets" (My favorite track). This is one of the few albums of Ant's which does not have a very "moody" feel to it. Each song is individually different and can be held by itself as a single. There is no real recurring theme that I could gather. All of this was kind of shocking when I first listened to this album, and I did not know how much I liked it at that time. I can safely say each of these songs is great if not some being perfect masterpieces. Ant shows a different side of things, but he is still providing greatness, highly recommended!

The Lost Chord | 5/5 |