Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon CD (album) cover

DOOMSDAY AFTERNOON

Phideaux

Windhawk
5 stars US band Phideaux was an unknown entity for me, until I got hold of this album. And I can sure understand why there's a buzz for this artist and this release.

Musically this album is somewhat of a melting pot of music from the 70's, where the impression is that the band has carefully collected all the best parts of dark-sounding prog from this era and mixed it to a potent brew in a magical cauldron somewhere.

The soundscapes ebb and flow from one mood to another, from mellow themes to epic themes the size of Mount Everest. All the time melodic and symphonic, and with a warm, modern production highlighting the atmospheres and mixing everything happening just right.

One of the best albums I've come across so far in life; perhaps even the best.

Windhawk | 5/5 |