Pink Floyd - The Final Cut CD (album) cover

THE FINAL CUT

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

fighting sleep
4 stars I'll just come right out and say it: this is my all-time favorite Roger Waters album, other than "Amused To Death". It doesn't have to be a legitimate Pink Floyd album to garner a four star rating from me. For me, even though "The Wall" was drenched in Waters (a pun, perhaps?), it was still closer to being a Floyd record than a solo record. But now we have "The Final Cut". And what is Roger's final cut?

It's an album about hope and salvation.

It's an album about war and despair.

It's absolutely beautiful. It's a bookend to the unresolved guilt and horror of "The Wall".

It's a guts album. And Roger Waters has guts, that's for sure. He spills most of them on this album, I think. The whole album delves to the core of the personal problems he covertly tackled on "The Wall" and "Animals".

It's a masterpiece, simply put. Subdued, enraged; these are the flavors of Roger Waters that suddenly feel real and powerful with "The Final Cut", his magnum opus.

fighting sleep | 4/5 |