Queensr˙che - Empire CD (album) cover

EMPIRE

Queensr˙che

UMUR
3 stars What a letdown this was after the fabulous Operation Mindcrime. Empire is not a bad album but it lacks some balls if you ask me. Some of the songs even had a hardrock feeling to them ( which Queensryche would pursue even further on later releases), which I don´t find suiting.

The production is godly and everything sounds clear. The guitar sound which wasn´t the best on Operation Mindcrime is really good here too bad the riffs are not.

The album sold very well because of the Hit single Silent Lucidity which is to my surprise one of the songs on the album I actually like along with numbers like Best I can and The Thin Line.

I don´t find this album to be essential in any way, but objectively seen this deserves 4 stars for being well produced, incredibly professional sounding and well composed. Subjectively this is one of my least favoured Queensryche albums and I only think it deserves 3 stars.

UMUR | 3/5 |