Queensr che - Operation : Mindcrime II CD (album) cover

OPERATION : MINDCRIME II

Queensr che

UMUR
2 stars Sequels are not my cup of tea, they┤re usually bad imitations of the original concept. This is the case here too. Mindcrime 2 don┤t possess the same charme or heavyness that made number 1 so godly. It┤s kind of boring in my ears, and a weak attempt to get some "old" fans to buy a Queensryche album again. Well they succeeded in my case, but I will never support them again.

The melodies and the production are weak on this album, and has nothing to do with Operation Mindcrime other than the lyrical concept.

I really tried to give this a chance not wanting it to be bad, but I just can┤t seem to find any positives here. Maybe I┤ve just grown tired of the band because of their countless bad albums before this one and therefore have a hard time listening to them ? Isolated this is a very boring album though, and I would advice you to keep away and buy the legendary Operation Mindcrime album instead, there you have a true classic.

UMUR | 2/5 |