Between The Buried And Me - Colors CD (album) cover

COLORS

Between The Buried And Me

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

javajeff
5 stars Between The Buried And Me have more than one album that can be considered a masterpiece. However, if I had to choose their absolute best, it would be Colors. It is such an excellent album, and an perfect place to start if you are interested in Between The Buried And Me. I think anyone that enjoys all the sub-genres of Progressive Rock will find something to love in Colors. It contains excellent musicianship, dueling clean and growl vocals, and pure chaos wound up in a nice bow. Sure tracks like Ants Of The Sky or Prequel To The Sequel have their brutal moments, but the organized craziness is just so infectious. If you do not like their sound at all, that can be understood as it is an acquired taste. However, the talent level is so evident, and the compositions are so varied that you will always be guessing. I do not think you can find anything more original than Colors, and that innovation is needed in today's musical landscape. This gets my highest recommendation, and anyone that loves Progressive Metal and Progressive rock should give it a go.
javajeff | 5/5 |