Abraxas - Abraxas ... Cykl Obraca Się. Narodziny, Dzieciństwo Pełne Duszy, U?miechów Niewinnych I Zdrady CD (album) cover

ABRAXAS ... CYKL OBRACA SIĘ. NARODZINY, DZIECIŃSTWO PEłNE DUSZY, U?MIECHÓW NIEWINNYCH I ZDRADY

Abraxas

progaardvark
4 stars Abraxas' debut album is the only album I have from this group, so I cannot speak about where their sound went after this album. For me, this is Poland's answer to Fish-era Marillion. Not knowing any Polish myself, I can't tell what the really long title means and what most of the lyrics mean, but the Polish lyrics didn't distract me at all from having a great time listening to this charming disc. It's clearly in the neo prog/symphonic prog vein and the influences chiefly seem to be Marillion and Genesis. The guitar work is wonderful, the keyboard work is exceptional, as is the bass and percussion. Though not being able to understand the Polish vocals of Adam Łassa, I found his voice to be powerful, dramatic, and very fitting for this style of music (not a Fish clone either!). Another viewer thought he sounded like Peter Hammill and I'm inclined to agree, though I still think his voice is quite unique.

Highly recommended to neo prog fans. This is a must have if this is your genre of taste. For those of you not interested in bands inspired by Marillion and Genesis, you might want to avoid. Otherwise, this is a four-star excellent addition to a prog rock collection.

progaardvark | 4/5 |