Genesis - Selling England By The Pound CD (album) cover

SELLING ENGLAND BY THE POUND

Genesis

progrules
4 stars This album by Genesis is on average considered the best Genesis album (along with Foxtrot). I can only partly agree with that because I believe there is at least one better and that is Wind and Wuthering. But of course it's ok we don't all feel exactly the same because that would be pretty dull wouldn't it ?

The part where I do agree with this albums class is of course the two great classics of this album, Firth of fifth and The Cinema Show. I already loved these songs in the eighties (in the seventies I hadn't yet really discovered Genesis) and I still do so that will probably be forever. It's the rest of this album I have a bit of a problem with. The two other "epics" of this album are far less than the two classics and the shorter songs are even less than The Battle.. and Dancing.. That's about 2/3 of the album time so that's why I can't get myself to giving this 5 stars. But of course it's good enough for 4 (4.25).

progrules | 4/5 |