Kansas - Drastic Measures  CD (album) cover

1 stars Even Vinyl Confessions had something left that was unmistakably Kansas. This one hasnīt. Itīs as if this is an entirely new band. This is the worst Kansas album I have ever heard ( And God knows there are a little too many of their albums that suck).

Robbie Steinhardt left the band before Drastic Measures and I think this removed the small identity that was still Kansas on Vinyl Confessions. Drastic Measures are filled with cheesy eighties keyboards and choirs. There is literally nothing of interest for a prog head here. Please avoid like the plague and donīt buy this like I did, because I was curious. Itīs a waste of money and time.

Vinyl Confessions was an ok eighties hard rock album even though it didnīt really sound like Kansas, but Drastic Measures is downright horrible and really has nothing to do with Kansas except that some of the musicians used to play in a great american prog rock band called KANSAS.

I have to give this 1 star, which pains me when I know the once great musicians Kerry Livgren, Dave Hope, Phil Ehart and Rich Williams were still in the band. Itīs just impossible to hear.

UMUR | 1/5 |