Kansas - Two for the Show CD (album) cover

TWO FOR THE SHOW

Kansas

UMUR
4 stars This is like a best of collection from Kansas. Their first 5 classic albums are all represented. There are most songs from Leftoverture and Point of Know Return though.

I really enjoy this album as many of my favorite Kansas songs are represented here. The perfomance is taken from the Point of Know Return tour and it captures the band at their peak ( we all know that from this point on it went downhill). What a talented band they were, I wish I could have seen them on this tour ( which was impossible as I was born in 1977). I would really like to know if Kansas really sounded like this live or if this album has been meddled with ( which is the case with many live albums: Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous ??).

We find captivating perfomances of almost every "hit" from Kansas on Two for the Show, and I only miss a couple of the epics to make this album perfect. For my sake they could have left out Lonely Wind which I find is one of the worst Kansas songs ever written, but it is the only flaw on this album.

I think this is very essential to prog fans and if you donīt know Kansas this could be a good place to start.

UMUR | 4/5 |