Conception - Flow CD (album) cover

FLOW

Conception

UMUR
2 stars This was the first Conception album I listened to and I was quite dissapointed as I had expected something more prog orientated. There are prog elements like the omnipresent keyboard, but I think this is basically more hard rock orientated, which is also because I find that Khan is more of a hard rock singer than a progressive metal singer.

Kamelot fans should tjeck out Conception though as Khan is also the singer in Kamelot.

I think it is a very soft Metal album and it doesnīt fit my taste at all. There is not an honest metal riff on this album, and the few riffs that resemble metal are hidden behind layers of keyboard. Khans voice is in the forefront of the soundscape and rightly so as he is a fabelous singer, itīs just not what I expect from a progressive band ( I donīt really find this album to be progressive at all, but itīs a question of taste and definition I guess)

I heard that their 3 previous albums should be more progressive and maybe I have just been unlucky to start the wrong place. The quality is good on the album, which gives me a reason to tjeck the 3 previous releases before writing off Conception as just another progressive metal band ( and God knows there are way too many bad imitators in this genre).

UMUR | 2/5 |