FLOW

Buy CONCEPTION Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Gethsemane (5:00)
2. Angel (4:25)
3. A virtual lovestory (3:45)
4. Flow (3:44)
5. Cry (5:02)
6. Reach out (3:33)
7. Tell me when I'm gone (4:20)
8. Hold on (4:09)
9. Cardinal sin (4:01)
10. Would it be the same (5:48)

Search CONCEPTION Flow lyrics

Search CONCEPTION Flow tabs

- Roy Khan / vocals
- Tore Otsby / guitar
- Trond Nagell-Dahl / keyboards
- Ingar Amlien / bass
- Arve Heimdal / drums

Lejos el mejor disco de Conception, es una mezcla total, reuniendo asi una armonia agradable. Escuche los discos anteriores y realmente Flow rompe con la tradicion de lo anterior de Conception. Recomiendo este disco.
1. Gethsemane (5:00) uno de los mejores temas

and to Enchanted for the last updates

CONCEPTION MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CONCEPTION Flow Music

FlowFlow
Extra tracks · Import
Jvc Victor 1997

More places to buy CONCEPTION music online Buy CONCEPTION & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CONCEPTION DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CONCEPTION Flow ratings distribution

CONCEPTION Flow reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars I bought this album about a decade ago thanks to a review in Aardschok, a dutch metal magazine. If I remember well this was album of the month at the time so I thought: that can't be bad ! After listening a couple of times I can't say it was disappointing. It's an album full of melodic compact metal songs, not particularly loud but still metal. Vocalist is Khan who joined Kamelot later on as most metal fans will know. As with Kamelot he was also with Conception an important part of the sound of the band. Another striking thing of this album is the overall performance where the songs are concerned. 10 very good songs, you can't ask for anything more. Are they all in the same style ? No, because Hold on f.i. is a splendid ballad and also in the other songs there is enough variation to remain interested all through the album. The only thing that's missing is an epic, some longer song with great instrumental passages. That would make it more of a progressive album by the way because this is almost plain metal.

But like I said, good enough for I think a lot of metal fans to buy it. 4 stars (3.75).

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#146967) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 26, 2007

Review by UMUR
2 stars This was the first Conception album I listened to and I was quite dissapointed as I had expected something more prog orientated. There are prog elements like the omnipresent keyboard, but I think this is basically more hard rock orientated, which is also because I find that Khan is more of a hard rock singer than a progressive metal singer.

Kamelot fans should tjeck out Conception though as Khan is also the singer in Kamelot.

I think it is a very soft Metal album and it doesnīt fit my taste at all. There is not an honest metal riff on this album, and the few riffs that resemble metal are hidden behind layers of keyboard. Khans voice is in the forefront of the soundscape and rightly so as he is a fabelous singer, itīs just not what I expect from a progressive band ( I donīt really find this album to be progressive at all, but itīs a question of taste and definition I guess)

I heard that their 3 previous albums should be more progressive and maybe I have just been unlucky to start the wrong place. The quality is good on the album, which gives me a reason to tjeck the 3 previous releases before writing off Conception as just another progressive metal band ( and God knows there are way too many bad imitators in this genre).

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#149846) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 10, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
2 stars Conception introduced some new aspects such as more mechanical rhythms, lots of synths and a slightly industrial feel and vocals. While they managed to do so with grace, it's an album that doesn't measure up to the preceding ones.

The album starts ok with a couple of nice tunes such as Gethsemane, Angel and Reach Out. The sound is more polished, taking away some of the edge from this band. A Virtual Lovestory and Tell Me When I'm Gone grow old pretty quickly. There's even some alternative rock influence on Flow, which start almost like the Cure's Inbetween Days.

Halfway in, the album sinks in under its lack of ideas and daring. Cry and Hold On are ballads loaded with cliché sentimentalism. The two closing tracks Cardinal Sin and Would it Be the Same are also too tame and too derivative of Black Sabbath's period with Toni Martin (especially Cross Purposes). Conception never matches the power of Sabbath to make these songs really work.

With a limited number of decent tunes that work for an occasional listen, the album hardly registers above average. It might still be enjoyable for fans of the band but to anyone else I can only recommend to hunt after the debut album.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#263873) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 02, 2010

4 stars The closing of a chapter for CONCEPTION ,the end of an era,the final representation!Well,this fourth album FLOW was one of the most delightful and pleasant prove that intelligent music can permanently change itself , without any will to step again on solid ground!Why/Because the precedent CO ... (read more)

Report this review (#258119) | Posted by Ovidiu | Sunday, December 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars So...Here we have an album that is totally different from the band's others... The keys are highly presented, the guitars are less metallic and the hole album's atmosphere is similar to the PINK FLOYD sound especially for the guitars. The best label, in my opinion, for this album would be: A mo ... (read more)

Report this review (#200494) | Posted by FatalV | Saturday, January 24, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars If there's a band with the ability to capture the essence of many influences such as; progressive rock, heavy metal and even, flamenco music among others and to give a rich, amusing and authentic sound as final result, that band would have to be Conception. However, on this time they chose to work w ... (read more)

Report this review (#173973) | Posted by Epsilon | Sunday, June 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The last album of Conception (to the date) is a good mix of rock, metal & innovation from one of most authentic bands from the last years in the progressive music scene. This album has a unique style, with a lot of creativity and sophistication during all record. In my opinion all songs are we ... (read more)

Report this review (#93983) | Posted by | Tuesday, October 10, 2006 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Damn! this is a real good job. but something donīt make me think that FLOW is the greatest album of Conception. Roy Khan is one of the best vocals around the world, without a doubt(i think he made a better job in Conception than Kamelot). The songs are very interesting, with a great job in gui ... (read more)

Report this review (#24798) | Posted by | Tuesday, June 08, 2004 | Review Permanlink

3 stars After the great release of In Your Multitude, there were high expectations regarding the next disk from Conception. They released Flow, somewhat a departure from the things they had done before. Khan's vocals being even better, his English more pronounced and listenable. Still, if you listen t ... (read more)

Report this review (#24797) | Posted by | Monday, May 24, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of CONCEPTION "Flow"