Yes - Topography: The Yes Anthology CD (album) cover

2 stars Hmmmmmm.....

Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with.

Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the voice and a lot of the music is too complex to get your head round, Sorry folks I'm not really sure. My excuse is that I'm really a space rock fan, although I do love Genesis - Genesis is different than this though - it builds up more slowly to give your mind a chance to understand.

Maybe this is for fans only, and I should have tired something else.

The best tracks were Close to the Edge, Gates of Delerium, And You and I and Awaken. I didn't really like the rest. Only of a Lonely Heart is awful - a horrible 80's pop feel to it. I think they ought to forget that despite it's fame.

PinkPangolin | 2/5 |