TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
CHI-LITES - YES I'M READY / HAVE YOU SEEN HER - U.S. ISSUE - EXCELLENT PLUS COND US $4.01 Buy It Now 31m 51s
JASON MRAZ Yes! x2 WHITE VINYL LP RECORD Brand New! + CD US $26.98 Buy It Now 33m 24s
Chris Squire Fish Out of Water Atlantic SD18159 Yes bassist US $7.00 Buy It Now 36m 1s
Yes "Yesshows" & Alphonso Johnson "Yesterdays Dreams" 2 LP Lot US $13.99 Buy It Now 37m 52s
Yes - Heaven & Earth (CD 2014) Prog Rock 8 trks Brand New & Sealed US $4.78 [0 bids]
38m 48s
YES Tormato orig USA LP Still Sealed/Shrink anderson/howe/squire/wakeman/white US $9.99 [0 bids]
51m 52s
YES/VANGELIS/U2/TANGERINE.. LP COVERS ideal for framing US $11.21 Buy It Now 53m 5s
Yes - Jon Anderson Cage of Freedom Original UK 7" single US $8.02 Buy It Now 54m 36s
YES Owner Of A Lonely Heart orig 12" Still Sealed/Shrink hype sticker/Red US $9.99 [0 bids]
1h
5 FIVE STAR If I Say yes 7" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $5.53 Buy It Now 1h
Rick Wakeman Rhapsodies Yes Very Nice Over 500 Fairly priced LP's US $2.95 [0 bids]
1h
5 FIVE STAR If I Say Yes 12" US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 4m
ARTISTS UNITED FOR NATURE Yes We Can 7" vinyl US $9.62 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Ben E King(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Ecstasy / Yes-UK-Ex/VG+ US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
COLOURMUSIC Yes! CD US $6.41 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Valerie Mountain(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)Some People / Yes You Did-UK-Ex/VG+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
GARY GLITTER Oh Yes You're Beuatiful UK 7" US $5.61 Buy It Now 1h 6m
GENERAL B / RED RAT Oh Yes Oh No 7" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 6m
YES "TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS" 1st PRESS USA 2 x LP US $9.60 [0 bids]
ESSENTIAL 80'S CD: 1980-84*J. GEILS BAND*YES*RICK SPRINGFIELD*KIM CARNES US $4.99 [0 bids]
C-22 Vampire / Yes No Yes Yes No No Yes Oh Whatever 12" vinyl US $9.62 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Goldspot - Tally of the Yes Men -FULL PROMO- (CD 2007) 24HR POST US $5.44 Buy It Now 1h 9m
JETS Yes Tonight Josephine UK 7" 45 US $4.73 Buy It Now 1h 11m
60 ' s Garage THE YES IT IS ** Walkin ' The Dog ** STUDIO CITY US $6.41 [0 bids]
FIVE STAR - If I Say Yes - Excellent Condition 12" Single Tent PT 42082 US $11.21 Buy It Now 1h 11m
LEXXUS Yes Man 7" vinyl Sound Clip in Listing US $12.83 Buy It Now 1h 13m
YES Tormato LP Sound Clip in Listing US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 19m
TITIYO My Body Says Yes 7" 45 Sound Clip on Listing US $8.02 Buy It Now 1h 19m
YES Don't Kill The Whale 7" 45 Sound Clip in Listing US $3.93 Buy It Now 1h 20m
YES Going For The One 7" vinyl US $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 20m
YES - Close to the Edge (SACD) UNNUMBERED EDITION - Audio Fidelity CD Sealed US $33.29 [0 bids]
GUITAR WORLD JUNE 1996 PANTERA STING CURE YES REM ZEP US $14.41 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Perfect Pussy - Say Yes To Love [CD New] US $12.08 Buy It Now 1h 40m
YES Classic Yes Best Of 1970-77 CD Roundabout, I've Seen All Good People US $2.49 [0 bids]
Yes - Roundabout RARE OOP Original Canadian Kinney 7" 45 rpm Single (Mint!) US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
YES 90125 LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
YES SORCERER'S APPRENTICE LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL 1975 US $149.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
BEN LEE - Hey You Yes You - Japan CD+2BONUS - OBI Mint #09 US $6.98 Buy It Now 1h 48m
FRED DUPREZ YES WE HAVE NO BANANAS & TELL ME WITH A MELODY COLUMBIA 3305 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Refugee CD Refugee The Nice Patrick Moraz Yes ELP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes CD 90125 West German target 790125-2 US $9.99 [0 bids]
BERNARD BUTLER David Mcalmont UK 1995 CD Single YES Part2 HUTDX53 US $4.41 Buy It Now 1h 51m
PET SHOP BOYS 3 CD LOT PHILIPPINES new (ELYSIUM, YES, YES Deluxe) US $39.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Yesshows Yes Japan AMCY-372-3 ATLANTIC MMG inc 2 CD FAT BOX NO OBI OR BOOKLET!! US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
THE BEES Every Step's A Yes (CD 2010) new/unplayed (A Band Of Bees) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
CD - (1993) YES - 90125 US $2.67 [0 bids]
YES / WONDEROUS STORIES / 1977 7" EX US $4.79 Buy It Now 2h
Toltec by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD, Jan-1996 Windham) US $4.50 [0 bids]
2h
YES 90125 LP Vg-/vg- Owner Of A Lonely Heart Jon Anderson US $0.99 [0 bids]
HOLLYWOOD SAXONS~EVERYDAYS A HOLIDAY~TEEN~YES IT'S TRUE~~ DOO WOP 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Deseo by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD, 1991 Windhasm Hill Records) US $4.50 [0 bids]
V/A The New Age Atlantic Vinyl LP Atlantic K20024 Led Zeppelin Yes Cactus US $14.41 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Rock Progression (1998) ELP TANGERINE DREAM YES ETC 2 CD PROGRESSIVE ROCK CD SET US $6.24 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Silver Columns - Yes And Dance - MOSHICD31 US $15.13 Buy It Now 2h 6m
K-OS - YES! - Q201061 US $60.36 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Jon Anderson Song of Seven NM- / EX LP Yes US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Close to the Edge by Yes (CD, Mar-2007, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.03 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of by Yes *New CD* US $7.05 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Jon Anderson - City of Angels CD Lead singer from Yes US $5.00 [0 bids]
Fly from Here by Yes *New CD* US $9.76 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Yes, Pet Shop Boys etc. SPECIAL EDITION 2CDs US $24.05 [0 bids]
YELLO - Limited Edition CD Platinum Disc - YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS US $140.28 Buy It Now 2h 23m
PINK FLOYD TRIBUTE SEALED CD STYX TOTO YES DEEP PURPLE US $5.90 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Rick Wakeman White Rock Japan Lp Obi Orig Yes Innsbruck Audiophile Prog Yes US $21.12 Buy It Now 2h 26m
INDEPENDENTS Leaving Me/I LOVE YOU YES I DO US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Colossal Yes - Acapulco Roughs [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Aesops Fables m- promo 7 Girl I've Got News for You / Yes I'm Back US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
TUNE BLENDERS: Oh Yes I Know / Shoo-shoo (vocal groups 45) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Yes - Yes Album [Vinyl New] US $21.93 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Yes L.A. [Vinyl New] US $23.49 Buy It Now 2h 28m
WONDER STUFF THE - OH YES IT?S? THE WONDER STUFF - IRL077 US $21.61 Buy It Now 2h 28m
BEATLES TICKET TO RIDE/YES IT IS DUTCH PARLOPHONE PRESS R 5265 US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives of Henry VIII LP OOP early-70's prog-rock Yes US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Japan ARASHI ? Arashic ????? 2006 Taiwan w/obi CD+DVD ?????-???????-?Yes?No? New US $399.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Yes - Big Generator (1987) CD QUALITY CHECKED & FAST FREE P&P US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 36m
The Age of Atlantic-inclds Led Zeppelin, Yes,Clapton- free UK postage US $18.60 Buy It Now 2h 38m
RUSH Roll the Bones - CASSETTE USA Print 1991 - no genesis stix yes US $2.95 [0 bids]
YES - 24 Carat Gold disc & album cover - RELAYER US $240.49 Buy It Now 2h 41m
YES BIG GENERATOR LP US $5.50 Buy It Now 2h 49m
Kevin Ayers 70s ROCK DJ LP Yes We Have No Mananas 1977 US $12.98 Buy It Now 2h 52m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE - YES I AM [MELISSA ETHERIDGE] - NEW CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 2h 52m
YES THE ALBUM 180 GRAM LIMITED OUT OF PRINT EDITION AUDIOPHILE RARE Sealed LP US $103.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
JESSIE JONES: My Father And Yes My Mother 45 rare Soul US $45.00 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Yes Fragile SD7211 With Booklet And Hype Sticker US $29.95 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Smokey Robinson Yes It's You Lady 6001TL Sealed US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h 56m
AS IF I DONT HAVE ENOUGH ON MY MIND, AH YES THERES GOOD BLUES TONIGHT, M. TILTON US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Japan MAI KURAKI ???? Stand Up 2001 Taiwan w/obi CD New Double Rainbow-Yes Or No US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
ALONG THE SANTE FE TRAIL, YES MY DARLING DAUGHTER, GLENN MILLE, BLUEBIRD 10970 US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 58m
YES NEW YORK [PA] - NEW CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 59m
YOU NEVER SAY YES., GOOD, GOOD, GOOD, MIGUELITO VALDES, DECCA, 18673 US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Tommorow Sound Now for Yes Music People - Cebar,Paul New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE US $25.03 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Yes! 2 Lp Lot! Drama! Shows! US $11.00 Buy It Now 3h 5m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"