TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Rhino/Elektra 2003
45 PICTURE SLEEVE YES OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 7-99817 OUR SONG US $3.33 [0 bids]
29m 42s
Yes - Union (standard 2cd) NEW 2 x CD US $19.57 Buy It Now 30m 9s
YES THE PET SHOP BOYS MUSIC CD PHILIPPINE SEALED 2009 US $29.99 Buy It Now 30m 27s
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
34m 13s
Bing Crosby & Connie Boswell Yes Indeed/ Tea For Two US $5.00 [0 bids]
35m 29s
YES - GOING FOR THE ONE (LTD) (180GM) NEW VINYL US $42.52 Buy It Now 36m 1s
WHITE NOISE She Says Yes 1989 garage beat 7" w/ps small private press Mint US $19.95 Buy It Now 39m 25s
YES THE PET SHOP BOYS MUSIC CD PHILIPPINES SEALED 2009 BRAND NEW US $24.99 Buy It Now 40m 29s
GRAND HALLWAY - YES IS THE ANSWER NEW CD US $20.49 Buy It Now 41m 16s
90125 by Yes (CD, Mar-1984, Atco (USA)) US $3.99 Buy It Now 56m 17s
RICK WAKEMAN A Suite of Gods OUT OF PRINT CD Yes US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
YES Union OUT OF PRINT CD Roger Dean US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
MUNK - YES YES NEW VINYL US $20.11 Buy It Now 1h 2m
RCA Victor "yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus" by Jose Ferrer 47-7823 US $3.00 [0 bids]
SOCIETY THREAT // It's Christmas Yes It Is / ORIGINAL US 1988 LP / Mint- SEALED US $8.98 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Don't Say No, Just Say Yes - White - 2003 #647378 US $4.85 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Yes - Wonderous Stories 12" US $10.14 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Yes - Leave It (Hello, Goodbye Mix) 12" US $11.76 Buy It Now 1h 16m
YES Going for the One UK Original Issue Vinyl US $14.99 [0 bids]
YES YESSONGS ATLANTIC SD3-100 3 VINYL LP SET 1973 QUADFOLD WITH BOOKLET US $32.99 [0 bids]
Ella Mae Morse Smack Dab In The Middle/Yes I Do 45 RPM US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
The Beatles - Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is - EMI/Parlophone 7" Picture Disc RP5265 US $19.99 [0 bids]
*** CD Yesyears yes years *DISC 2 ONLY* no disk 1 3 4 US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Happy Mondays : Yes Please CD (1992) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
YES 33 LP record album 33rpm YES SONGS Atlantic 1973 gatefold triple disc ex US $5.00 [0 bids]
John Lennon (Watching The Wheels) Yoko Ono (Yes I'm Your Angel) Geffen GEF49695 US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 5m
LEE DORSEY Yes We Can POLYDOR funk soul 45 - Allen Toussaint - BREAKS - HEAR US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
YES ~ Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (1989 Arista) Very Good **FREE S US $5.99 [0 bids]
Yes [Single] [Single] by Chad Brock (CD, Mar-2000, Warner Bros.) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES w/London Philharmonic Orch. ~ Symphonic Music of Yes (1993 RCA/BMG) NM= LN US $5.75 [0 bids]
Yes I Am, Melissa Etheridge, Good US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
YES ~ The Ladder (1999 Beyond) Very Good **FREE SHIPPING* US $5.99 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson TOLTEC (The Power of Silence) cd Yes 2013 remaster US $0.99 [0 bids]
Close to the Edge by Yes (CD, Aug-1994, Atlantic) Buy Used & $ave! Great Shape US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
1970's Lot of 10 CD's:Eagles Who Starship Yes Cream Rolling Stones Jimi Hendrix. US $22.99 [0 bids]
Live on Air - Yes New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $10.08 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MUCCULAR,PATRICE-YES LORD CD NEW US $14.25 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Yes - In The Present - Live From Lyon (2cd+dvd) NEW 3 x CD US $27.73 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Yes - Songs From Tsongas : The 35th Anniversary Concert [3CDs] VQCD-10395/7 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
PROMO RECORD ~ Valdy "Yes I Can" mono/stereo A&M #1801 nm 7" vinyl 45 US $4.60 Buy It Now 2h 54m
YES Music Sticker US $4.50 Buy It Now 2h 55m
Yes [Single] [Single] by Chad Brock (CD, Mar-2000, Warner Bros.) **DISC ONLY** US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Yes - Close To The Edge LP Matrix A3/B2 RARE US $63.25 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Jon Anderson / Bonnie Tyler - ACETATE rare / Here She Comes 2 sided YES US $69.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE Yes I Am CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
Fragile - Yes [ audio cassette ] US $6.00 [0 bids]
Operator Please - Yes Yes Vindictive NEW AND SEALED CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
YES 'CLASSIC YES' 9-TRACK CD US $4.85 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Majida el Roumi: E3tazalt el Gharam, Matra7ak b Albi, 3am Yes2alouni ~ Arabic CD US $13.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE - YES I AM - CD, 1993 - PARTIAL ARTWORK / NO CASE US $4.66 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Rick Wakeman Lisztomania Japan CD Yes POCM-1913 W/Obi US $9.99 [1 bids]
Close to the Edge - Yes [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $9.99 [0 bids]
Sound Providers the difference yes y'all hip hop vinyl 12" rap US $2.00 [0 bids]
LITTLE - Yes rhyme-dentity - Japan CD - NEW J-POP US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 14m
YES-YESTERDAYS-JAPAN 1st PROMO LABEL +OBI US $67.99 Buy It Now 5h 14m
Yellowcard - When You're Through Thinking Say Yes NEW CD US $11.12 Buy It Now 5h 14m
EX-/EX- !! Peter Banks/Self Titled/1973 Sovereign Gatefold LP/Yes US $44.60 Buy It Now 5h 21m
YES-TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS-JAPAN PROMO WHITE LABEL 2LPs +OBI US $112.99 Buy It Now 5h 28m
MIILK BONE "Yes Yes Yall" & "Dear Slim" / Xcaliber-Lightyear 12" NM y'all / milk US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
JON ANDERSON (YES) - OLIAS OF SUNHILLOW ED1 OZ PRESSING EX COND US $20.75 Buy It Now 5h 43m
Yes Special Sampler Japan Promo only Mini LP CD Howe US $199.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
YES RELAYER-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO WHITE LABEL+OBI US $97.99 Buy It Now 5h 54m
LET IT ROCK FOR RELEASE LP VARIOUS LED ZEPPELIN, MOTHERS, CSN&Y, YES, MOBY GRAPE US $19.44 Buy It Now 5h 54m
PATRICK MORAZ "Future Memories I and II" LIVE (YES, MOODY BLUES) US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
Operator Please Yes Yes Vindictive CD - Like New/Mint Feat Song About Ping Pong US $6.49 Buy It Now 5h 55m
David Crosby - Oh Yes I Can -with insert -free UK postage US $20.43 Buy It Now 6h 4m
YES-TORMATO-JAPAN 1st ISSUE PROMO LABEL +OBI US $67.99 Buy It Now 6h 11m
MORPHINE - Yes CD ( 1995, Honey White ) US $4.88 Buy It Now 6h 13m
YES CLASSIC YES LP-PLAYED 1 TIME-TRANSFERRED TO CASSETTE--SMOKE FREE STORED US $20.00 [0 bids]
YES-DRAMA-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO WHITE LABEL US $67.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
Rare Metal CD YES Yes Elektra , Warner 2003 + bonus tracks US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe ~ In The Big Dream/ Japan LD Laserdisc/ Sheet YES US $21.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
OST Rick Wakeman ~ White Rock/ Japan LP/ OBI Sheet YES US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 36m
YES-DRAMA-JAPAN ISSUE PROMO WHITE LABEL +OBI US $56.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
YES FRAGILE CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $162.16 Buy It Now 6h 48m
YES FRAGILE MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $227.03 Buy It Now 6h 48m
YES-S/T-JAPAN 1st ISSUE PROMO WHITE LABEL US $112.99 Buy It Now 6h 51m
PERRY,PHIL-Say Yes CD NEW US $18.14 Buy It Now 6h 52m
Yes Close To The Edge lp new 180 gram vinyl rhino US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
YES ~'The Yes Album'~UK G/F LP 1971~K40106+Rick Wakeman 'WHITE ROCK' UK LP US $11.34 Buy It Now 7h 44m
Yes - Classic Yes. 7 Track UK Atlantic LP Ex! US $6.47 Buy It Now 7h 45m
YES Live From The House Of Blues Triple 180G Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $48.57 Buy It Now 7h 55m
RICK WAKEMAN YES MYTHS & LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR WHITE LABEL PROMO NM VINYL LP! US $21.99 Buy It Now 7h 57m
Yes - Astral Traveller CD US $19.21 Buy It Now 8h 5m
Mario Bondi - Yes You Live [CD New] US $28.09 Buy It Now 8h 20m
...Yes, Please! * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $10.88 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Fragile by Yes (CD, Jun-2011, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.67 Buy It Now 8h 20m
The Yes Album [Expanded & Remastered] * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $11.10 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Yes, Virginia... [PA] by The Dresden Dolls (CD, Apr-2006, Roadrunner Records) US $15.69 Buy It Now 8h 20m
Classic Yes by Yes (CD, Jun-2011, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.67 Buy It Now 8h 20m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"