TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge cassette US $1.50 [0 bids]
30m 14s
The Yes Album 8 Track Tape US $4.99 [0 bids]
35m
JEWELS: Oh Yes I Know / A Fool In Paradise 45 rare Vocal Groups US $175.00 Buy It Now 35m 43s
STEVE HARLEY -- YES YOU CAN US $5.95 [1 bids]
36m 37s
Yes Fragile Rare Early UK Crossover 2401019 A//1 B//1 Matrix K 50009 Labels EX US $9.66 [0 bids]
38m 51s
FIREHOUSE FIVE PLUS TWO-78-" PAGAN LOVE SONG/YES SIR THATS MY BABY "-GV2178 US $1.60 [0 bids]
46m 3s
YES - LP - GOING FOR THE ONE - SHRINK GATE FOLD COLUMBIA HOUSE PRESSING SD 19106 US $29.99 Buy It Now 49m 54s
~ YES - DRAMA ~ MUSIC CD US $5.99 Buy It Now 51m 31s
Various - Yes New York US $8.00 Buy It Now 54m 2s
Bruford: One of a Kind LP (1979) PD-1-6205 (Bill Bruford, Allan Holdsworth) Yes US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h
YES ~ WORLD TOUR 1977 WORLD TOUR ~ LIVE BOOT ~ LONG BEACH ~ IN SHRINK US $72.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
MORPHINE - Yes (CD 1995) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 4m
TOM ROBINSON WAR BABY / HELL YES 7" VINYL SINGLE US $3.21 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Yes 4 CDs & DVD Keys To Ascension FREE SHIPPING US $11.99 [0 bids]
Asia by Asia RARE [Limited] JAPAN MINI LP CD W/OBI UICY 9123 YES US $14.99 [0 bids]
DRUSKY, ROY & PRISCILLA MITCHELL - YES, MR. PETERS 45 "JUKEBOX SERIES" UNPLAYED US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Astra by Asia [Limited] RARE JAPAN MINI LP CD UICY 9125 2001 YES US $14.99 [0 bids]
ASIA High Voltage CD + DVD King Crimson ( yes ) NEW 2014 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Yes Self-Titled Vinyl LP RARE UK Import Atlantic 588 190 Gatefold w/ Lyric Sheet US $36.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
YES DON'T KILL THE WHALE 7" SINGLE 1978 N/MINT US $4.82 [0 bids]
YES-SELF TITLED DEBUT VINYL LP + LYRICS US $28.21 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Yes Live at Montreux 2003 Japan CD Mini LP Sep-2007 Eagle Records US $35.97 Buy It Now 1h 25m
YES,GIORGIO-LUCIANO PAVAROTTI-SOUNDTRACK-LONDON-HOLLAND US $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 29m
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes by Death Cab for Cutie (CD, Jul-2008, Bar US $0.01 [0 bids]
Yes 90125 CD [Import] US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Yes Astral Traveller CD [Import] US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Yes Close To The Edge CD - Bonus Tracks [Import] US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Yes Drama Remastered CD [Import] US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Yes Fly From Here CD [Import] US $21.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Yes Fragile Remastered CD [Import] US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Yes Yessongs Remastered CD [Import] US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Yes! 2 Lp Lot! Drama! Shows! US $11.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
YES ~ "THE AFFIRMERY" ~ RELAYER TOUR LIVE BOOT RECORDING ~ 1974 US $74.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
YES - LIVE ON AIR [YES] - NEW CD US $7.95 [0 bids]
K-OS**YES! ITS YOURS**CD (Remix) US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 39m
K-OS**YES!**CD US $9.98 Buy It Now 1h 39m
FIVE STAR # IF I SAY YES # 7" PICTURE DISC VINYL CLOCK US $16.11 Buy It Now 1h 40m
The Beatles - Ticket To Ride - 1965 Germany Yes It Is. Odeon Records. US $16.11 [0 bids]
THE YES ALBUM White Label Promotional Copy Gatefold Atlantic 1971 Prog Rock Rare US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES USA 1987 7" Single LOVE WILL FIND A WAY US $4.44 Buy It Now 1h 41m
JON ANDERSON Yes 1985 7" Single EASIER SAID THAN DONE US $3.21 Buy It Now 1h 41m
YES - TIME AND A WORD 180gr VINYL LP NEW & SEALED US $32.25 Buy It Now 1h 49m
DINAH SHORE ~ DINAH YES INDEED~ CAPITOL T1247 US $12.79 Buy It Now 1h 50m
YES ~ FILE UDER YES~ LIVE BOOT RECORDING ~ LONDON ~ 1978 ~ 1974 ~ PICTURE DISC US $68.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/vg+ US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 55m
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/m- w/inners w/booklet US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
YES Going For The One HYBRID SACD Audio Fidelity (2013) NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 56m
EDDY GRANT* 7" VINYL* I LOVE YOU, YES, I LOVE YOU* 1981 * ENY 216 US $1.60 [0 bids]
IN THE PRESENT:LIVE FROM LYON BY YES (CD) US $25.74 Buy It Now 1h 59m
The Pointer Sisters Blue Thumb 45 Record #229 VG+ Jada / Yes We Can Can US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h
Crazy Yes Dumb No - Chicks Mint New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $21.44 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Yes - Fly From Here-Deluxe Edition (Cd/Dvd) Genesis Asia Pink Floyd Dream Theate US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
SEALED 1982 YES GIORGIO Film Soundtrack LP PAVAROTTI US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
YES - RELAYER - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $16.98 Buy It Now 2h 8m
ABWH ~ ANDERSON BRUFORD WAKEMAN HOWE ~ YES ~ LIVE RECORDING ~ CALIFORNIA ~ 1989 US $92.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Yes - Fragile [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Close to the Edge - Yes [ 33 rpm vinyl ] US $7.99 [0 bids]
YES - Yesshow (Deluxe Expanded Live Recording) 2011 Import NEW US $14.66 [0 bids]
Yes, I'm Ready - Barbara Mason New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $29.64 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Beck 7" Vinyl Singles Set - E-Pro / Hell Yes / Cellphone's Dead US $5.48 [7 bids]
YES - Leave It, 12"single, 1983 Atco New Zealand import. Rush, Steven Wilson US $3.21 [0 bids]
Yes LP Tormato +Lyric inner sleeve 1978 Orig EX/EX US $3.21 [0 bids]
Yesterdays [Remaster] by Yes (CD, 2006, ICRecords C.A. (Label) Colombia) US $4.99 [0 bids]
JON and VANGELIS - Short Stories- vinyl LP - Near mint. Yes. Jon Anderson US $3.21 [0 bids]
YES 9012 Live The Solos CD Japan 7 tracks ATCO AMCY-375 US $19.99 [0 bids]
3LP YES - YESSONGS (ATLANTIC K 60045) UK 1970'S REPRESS WITH DOUBLE SPINE US $16.05 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Keys to Ascension by Yes (CD, Oct-1996, 2 Discs, CMC International) US $2.49 [0 bids]
The Yes Album CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Keys to Ascension (1996) US $3.23 [0 bids]
Completely Yes cd Sandra Crouch/Douglas Miller/Donald Malloy/Walter Hawkins NICE US $12.51 Buy It Now 2h 49m
NOS KLYMAXX .... I'D STILL SAY YES US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
GTR SELF TITLED LP AL8-8400 w orig lyric sleeve steve HACKETT, HOW GENESIS YES US $2.98 Buy It Now 2h 51m
All Star Tribute To STEVE MILLER BAND - Fly Like an Eagle CD ( yes asia xtc ash) US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
NOS KLYMAXX ....... I'D STILL SAY YES US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 52m
YES 90125 us original vinyl record "owner of a lonely heart" MINT SEALED US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
JETS Yes tinight Joesphine 7" Vinyl 45 Orig Classic 80's Rockabilly Pop Ex US $2.02 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Dinah Shore - Dinah, Yes Indeed! lp ST 1247 US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Ray Charles Yes Indeed Vinyl 8025 US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Yes Solo LPs (3) Anderson-SongSeven Wakeman-JourneyCenterEarth Rabin-CantLook US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Say Yes to Your Best * by Ben Dixon (CD, Jun-2002, American Classical Jazz) US $12.98 Buy It Now 3h 19m
KEVIN AYERS Yes We Have No Mananas LP UK Harvest/EMI Records 1976 EX/EX US $16.11 [0 bids]
Pat Boone - Yes Indeed! Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
YES big generator ROCK new cassette tape US $5.88 Buy It Now 3h 24m
BENNY MARTIN YES ITS TRUE / I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG - EX MERCURY US $3.30 Buy It Now 3h 25m
ANTHONY NEWLEY - YES WE HAVE NO BANANAS / WHEN YOUR LOVER HAS GONE - MINT- US $3.30 Buy It Now 3h 25m
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
CLASSIC ROCK 2001: A ROCK ODYSSEY CD - MOSTLY AUTUMN/STRANGLERS/YES (REF E3) US $6.44 Buy It Now 3h 28m
Yes : Yes Album -Rmx- CD (1994) US $7.63 Buy It Now 3h 29m
OH YES WE CAN LOVE: HISTORY OF GLAM ROCK / VARIOUS NEW CD US $93.01 Buy It Now 3h 29m
JON ANDERSON SONG OF SEVEN 1980 UK Press PRISTINE VAULT COPY IN SHRINKWRAP Yes US $30.65 [1 bids]
YES 90215 ATCO W/B 1983 US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
What About Yes - Jamie Hartford New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.16 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Yes: Close to the edge US $1.00 [0 bids]
YES AND YOU AND I UK 1973 ATLANTIC 7 INCH US $3.21 [0 bids]
Yes Relayer HDCD Japan Mini LP Remaster CD Mint Condition OOP HTF US $25.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
* MELISSA ETHERIDGE - 3 CD bundle: Never Enough, Yes I Am, Your Little Secret US $4.99 [0 bids]
9012Live: The Solos by Yes (CD, Jul-2010, WEA Japan) US $3.55 [3 bids]
YES-SWEETNESS 1969 ATLANTIC RECORDING 584280 GT.BRITAIN US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes Drama HDCD Japan Mini LP CD Remastered Mint Condition OOP HTF US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"