TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

Rhino/Elektra 2003
RelayerRelayer
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
Linval Thompson - Sound Boy / Yes She Have The Gun 12" Vinyl Bun Gem Reggae US $29.99 [0 bids]
29m 51s
THE MOODY BLUES - A Question of Balance CASSETTE - no zombies strawbs yes US $2.00 [0 bids]
30m 24s
JON ANDERSON (Yes) 'Change We Must' OOP 1994 CD Factory Sealed NEW US $9.75 Buy It Now 31m 23s
Various - Yes... ¡Salsa! Lp Colombia US $25.00 Buy It Now 32m 1s
Classic Yes 1981 CD Like New Rock US $1.99 [0 bids]
33m 20s
Tune-Yards - You Yes You - 4AD U.S. PROMO cd - RARE! US $8.08 Buy It Now 33m 42s
Yello - You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess - German cd 1983 US $12.58 Buy It Now 40m 46s
(DK434) Yes Sir Boss, Desperation State - 2012 DJ CD US $4.16 Buy It Now 40m 57s
COUNTS - SHE WON'T SAY YES / MY DEAR MY DARLING US $29.99 Buy It Now 41m 35s
LOU RAWLS Dead End Street 45 Monologue / Yes It Hurts Doesn't It Capitol Records US $11.99 [0 bids]
44m 57s
Rick Wakeman Journey to the Centre of the Earth LP VG++/NM w/Booklet Yes Rush US $6.80 Buy It Now 45m
NEW - Yes We Can by Muldaur, Maria US $5.20 Buy It Now 47m 10s
1983 -YES- 90125 TAPE-CHEAP!!!! US $3.00 Buy It Now 51m 28s
STEVE HOWE Turbulence 1991 CD MINT Yes Guitar Bill Bruford US $3.99 [0 bids]
56m 3s
Yes The Yes Album Vinyl LP SD-8283 US $3.00 Buy It Now 57m 55s
PATRICE MUCCULAR - YES LORD NEW CD US $18.66 Buy It Now 58m 11s
PROCOL HARUM AND YES SYMPHONIC CD LOT OF 2 ENHANCED DOLBY SS US $4.99 [0 bids]
1h
Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Powell) -"Live 1986 CD" ELP-Yes-Prog Rock-Music-Great! US $14.99 [0 bids]
1h
Three Yes LP Records * Yessongs * Tales Topographic Oceans * Yes Album US $9.95 [0 bids]
1977 Yes Going For The One Vinyl LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Linda Clarke -Yes Indeed! - Soul LP - Tiger Lily Tax Scam Label - in Shrink US $9.99 [1 bids]
GINNY WRIGHT 45 I LOVE YOU w.Jim Reeves / I WANT YOU YES ~ VG+ country US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 12m
YES: THE YES ALBUM ATLANTIC SD 19131 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
THE BEATLES "TICKET TO RIDE B/W YES IT IS" CAPITOL 45 RPM 5407 US $17.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Just Say Roe: Volume VII of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Jul-1994, Sire) US $3.77 Buy It Now 1h 23m
YES IT CAN HAPPEN ATCO 45 PS 1983 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
50 Record Lot Rock; Yes, Kinks, Tom Rush, Billy Joel, Kingfish, Kinks, US $30.00 [0 bids]
Yes - 90125 Vinyl LP - ATCO 90125 - Masterdisk "RL" - EX US $4.95 [0 bids]
The Sensations Yes Sir Thats My Baby/Sympathy ATCO Record 45RPM 7" Vinyl 45-6056 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
ALLIGATOR RECORDS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLUES MUSIC DOUBLE CD HEALS THE SOUL YES! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans - 1973 Atlantic Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
item JON And VANGELIS Private Collection prog YES RELATED Lp US $5.26 Buy It Now 1h 41m
YES Beyond And Before - The BBC Recordings 1960-1970 SEALED RARE 2 discs US $20.90 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Paul Whiteman Orch. (3/31/1924) "There's Yes! Yes! In Your Eyes" Victor # 19309 US $20.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
GARY GLITTER - OH YES! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1974 US $3.66 Buy It Now 1h 52m
THE CHI-LITES 45 RECORD YES I'M READY VG+ PLUS 2 OTHER 45'S US $15.00 [0 bids]
Classic Yes [Remaster] by Yes (Cassette, 1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.00 [0 bids]
cd-album, Yes Tinnitus - Shooting At Unarmed Men, 10 Tracks US $3.71 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Crass " Yes Sir , I Will " LP, VINYL US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 58m
PATRICK MORAZ The Story of i ATLANTIC LP '76 OG Yes Art Rock Progressive Rock US $4.00 [0 bids]
Yes The Long Distance To The Edge Mini LP US $14.99 [0 bids]
YES - 4 LP LOT - 4 CLASSIC YES LPS ONE PRICE US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
YES - BIG GENERATOR (LP RECORD) VG+/ NM "rhythm of love" US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Rhythm Makers - PARLOPHONE R 2810 -Yes, Suh! & Yellow Dog Blues US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 27m
NEW - Yes We Can by Various Artists US $3.55 Buy It Now 2h 27m
YES DRAMA PLAY GRADE EXC!! US $13.95 Buy It Now 2h 31m
yes, fragile, vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES - BIG GENERATOR (CD) 1987 ATCO "RHYTHM OF LOVE" US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
PETER BANKS - REDUCTION (CD) 1999 CASTLE (IMPORT) EX YES GUITARIST US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
YES THE YES ALBUM PLAY GRADE EXC! US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 38m
YES "YES SHOWS" PLAY GRADE NM!! TOP COPY!! US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 40m
WILSON PICKETT: SHE SAID YES / IT'S STILL GOOD 1960's Orig Atlantic VG+ US $8.25 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES Tormato ROCK LP Shrink ATLANTIC ORIG. INNER SLEEVE US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Yessongs ROCK 3XLP ATLANTIC Multi Gatefold BOOK INSERT Orig Inners US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Tales From The Topographic Oceans ROCK 2XLP ATLANTIC Gatefold US $5.00 [0 bids]
STEVE HOWE Beginnings ROCK LP ATLANTIC Orig Inner GATEFOLD No Bar Code YES US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Drama ROCK LP ATLANTIC Gatefold ORIG LYRIC INNER US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Tormato ROCK LP SHRINK ATLANTIC Orig Inner NO BAR CODE US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Drama ROCK LP ATLANTIC Gatefold NO BAR CODE Orig Inner US $5.00 [0 bids]
YES Going For The One ROCK LP ATLANTIC No Bar Code GATEFOLD Orig Inner US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes, Virginia... [PA] by The Dresden Dolls (CD, Apr-2006, Roadrunner Records) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Wonderworld by Molly's Yes (CD, Oct-1999, Uptown/Universal) US $0.99 [0 bids]
3h
YES~FRAGILE~LP~ UK ~ATLANTIC RECORDS K50009~MATRIX A2/B2~8pg BOOKLET~EXCELLENT! US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES tales from topographic oceans double near mint US $22.59 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Elvin Bishop Rock My Soul/Yes Sir VG++/VG++ CPS-0285 US $8.57 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Dinah Shore Yes Indeed Capitol MFP-5606 U.K.1959 LP !!! US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Big Generator by Yes (CD, Jul-1987, Atco (USA)) US $3.05 [0 bids]
VTG YES 'Yesshows' Vinyl Record; 1980; Atlantic Records; Chris Squire; Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
VTG YES 'Drama' Vinyl Record; 1980 Stereo US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
VTG YES 'Yesterdays' Vinyl Record; 1974; Atlantic Records; Chris Squire; Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
VTG YES 'Going For The One' Vinyl Record; 1977; Chris Squire; Atlantic Rec;Rare US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
VTG YES 'Tormato' Vinyl Record; 1978 Stereo US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
VTG Chris Squire 'Fish Out Of Water' Vinyl Record; 1975; YES US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Yes & Also Yes, Mike Doughty, New US $15.46 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Yes cd Definitive Rock Collection 2 discs US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Yes Time and A Word CD and CD Long box w/ matching serial #'s US $17.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yes - LP (K 40034/MID 20094) Israel Pressing US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 51m
YES ALBUM JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT WPCR-13514 US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Nyno... Yes! 1996 Launch Sampler PROMO Music CD Toussaint Johnson Castenell +ART US $13.49 Buy It Now 3h 55m
1960'S-70'S LOT OF 4 YES RECORD ALBUMS US $12.50 [2 bids]
YES - Big Generator CASSETTE USA Print1987 - no floyd rush camel US $2.25 [0 bids]
Rare JON & VANGELIS "The Friends Of Mr Cairo" - 45 rpm Vinyl - no yes howe US $10.40 [3 bids]
YES The Yes Album Third JAPAN 1st Press CD 1988 W/Obi 20P2-2112 RARE! US $49.00 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Yes by Morphine (CD, Mar-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $3.05 [0 bids]
Ray Charles - Yes Indeed!! Atlantic 8025 EX US $36.00 Buy It Now 4h 25m
3 VOLUME YES SONGS WITH BOOK CLASSIC ROCK RECORD LP ALBUM shelf2 sec4 US $24.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Teri DeSario with K.C. - Yes I'm Ready / With Your Love 45 1979 KC VG+ US $1.79 Buy It Now 4h 39m
YES BIG GENERATOR USA PRESS CD OOP US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 42m
CHESTERFIELD KINGS Yes I Understand Beau Brummels 7" 45 PS Babiuk Prevost 2000 US $4.97 [0 bids]
Fats Domino"Yes,My Darling"Imperial X5492 1958 R&B VG++ US $8.50 Buy It Now 5h 6m
Yes HEAVEN & EARTH cd Chris Squire Steve Howe Geoff Downes 2014 ALBUM US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes! by Jason Mraz US $8.45 Buy It Now 5h 14m
BACCARA Yes Sir, I Can Boogie Japan Press OBI LP e1477 US $79.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
STEVE HOWE "NM WAX" The Steve Howe Album JP Yes OBI LP E1693 US $79.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
YES 90125 Japan Press LP e1365 US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 16m
YES "PROMO / NM WAX" Tormato 1978 Japan Jon Anderson Asia XYZ OBI LP e1687 US $179.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives of Henry VIII 1973 Japan Press Yes LP E1374 US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Yes - Close To The Edge - Atlantic - KSD 19133 - Canada - Gatefold VG++/NM LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Yes - Fragile - Atlantic - SD 7211 - Canada - Gatefold VG++/VG++ LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"