TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
Wonderous Stories: Best ofWonderous Stories: Best of
Music Club Deluxe 2014
DETECTIVE (MICHAEL DES BARRES TONY KAYE YES) ATLANTIC STUDIOS PROMO SWAN SONG LP US $14.50 [0 bids]
34m 1s
Yes - Classic (1994) CD US $6.48 Buy It Now 38m 19s
Oh Yes I Can by David Crosby (CD, Jul-2003, One Way Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
38m 47s
FIVE STAR UK 1986 LIMITED SHEP PETTIBONE REMIX 12" Single If I Say Yes PT40982R US $8.31 Buy It Now 39m
Derrick Brinkley,NEW CD,Say Yes US $14.99 Buy It Now 40m 7s
EMERSON LAKE PALMER LP~TRILOGY~1972 USA 1ST PRESS~COTILLION SD9903 PROG YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
43m 10s
Emerson Lake and Palmer s/t Cotillion ORIGINAL '71 US PRESSING PROG YES US $6.99 [0 bids]
43m 10s
Five Satins - In The Still Of The Night / Merry Clayton - Yes / 7" 45 - VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
46m 4s
Yes(Vinyl LP)90125-ATCO-79 0125 1-Germany-Ex/NM US $18.29 Buy It Now 47m 15s
Yes Indeed [Box Set] [Box] by Jo Stafford (CD, Nov-2001, 4 Discs, Proper Box... US $34.50 Buy It Now 49m 32s
Miguelito Valdes LATIN 78rpm Decca #18673 Good, Good, Good b/w You Never Say Yes US $19.99 [0 bids]
50m 39s
ASIA Spirit Of The Night Japan DVD YES ELP KING CRIMSON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 50m 41s
ASIA Phoenix Rare 2008 Japan 13-Track DJ CD YES ELP KING CRIMSON URIAH HEEP US $59.99 Buy It Now 50m 41s
Crossover Soul 45 BROTHERS OF LOVE - Yes I Am - BLUE ROCK Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 55m 52s
BECK HELL YES 7" + STICKER MINT US $13.30 Buy It Now 1h
YES-HEAVEN & EARTH CD NEW US $17.69 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Yes Prime Minister The Sunday Telegraph Newspaper, Promo CD. US $3.31 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Yes 45s - Roundabout and Owner of a Lonely Heart US $1.00 [0 bids]
ANATOLE GERASIMOU - YES! ANATOLE GERASIMOU - NEW CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
78 RPM RECORD/3)* GUY LOMBARDO / THE ANSWER SHE IS "YES US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (Cassette, Sep-1993, Island) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Chris Connor 45 Time Out For Tears / I Love You Yes I Do 1957 Jazz Vocals VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 39m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track (2695051) dutch waylo 1989 US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 41m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track still sealed (13007) us poppa willie 0 US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 41m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track with deletion hole in sleeve (way2695051) ge US $8.31 Buy It Now 1h 41m
YES-"CLOSE TO THE EDGE" - 1972 COLLECTIBLE LP - ATLANTIC - STEREO SD-7244 US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
"Yes Minister", the Very Best Episodes: v. 1 (BBC Audio), a (Comp) Iannucci - Au US $17.56 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Yes Close To The Edge Vinyl 12" LP Gatefold German Issue Atlantic 50012 VG+ US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Jason Mraz - Yes! (CD 2014) 14 tracks Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [0 bids]
Classic Yes CD CRC US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 57m
BILLY STARR OH YES I'M LONELY / WHERE YOU GO MY HEART GOES TOO COLUMBIA # 20891 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h
Yes - Heaven & Earth (CD 2014) Prog Rock Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [2 bids]
2h
YES Heaven & Earth NEWLY RELEASED CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Vintage DOES SHE LOVE ME Yes or No? Romance Ambrose piano MUSIC SHEET 1941 US $9.97 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Mint Yes Tormato Japan SS Hybrid SACD From High Vibration Box OOP CD WEA Mint US $27.97 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Eydie Gorme LP 1970 Yes Indeed US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
YES Tales From Topographic Oceans Double Vinyl LP NEW & SEALED US $34.87 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The YES Album 2001 Japan Mini LP CD Remastered HDCD HTF Out Of Print Mint US $22.72 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES Time & A Word 2001 Japan Mini LP HDCD CD Remastered Mint Condition US $22.72 Buy It Now 2h 14m
Prog YES Going For The One P-10304A NM+! Japan OBI EB646 US $49.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
YES Logo Vintage 70`s/80`s Button Badge Pin(25mm-1") Anderson Wakeman Howe #Y105 US $6.64 Buy It Now 2h 28m
YES Close to the Edge original Piros press gatefold w/green sleeve SD 7244 LP US $29.99 [0 bids]
FPI Project Yes , we could PPR 047 1995 ITALO US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Alyson Williams - Yes We Can Can US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
1950s PAT BOONE "YES, INDEED" lp- US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Classic Yes (CD 1981) Original Version US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Yes - 90125 (CD 1984) Atco CD IN VERY GOOD CONDITION US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 41m
* YES - 90125 (CD, 1983) (Japan) US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 44m
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1980 YES Drama SD 16019 Rock USA Gatefold Cover US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Klymaxx Constellation 45 Record #53028 NM PS I'd Still Say Yes / Ask Me No US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label) Very Good Condition US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII ~ Gatefold LP 1973 A&M SP 4361 EX yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 3h
Rare YES CD The world of YES Japan Limited Edition SHM CD BONUS TRACKS OBI US $62.22 Buy It Now 3h 5m
ALBERK THE FISH: Yes I Love You (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
Hunches - Yes. No. Shut It [CD New] US $15.35 Buy It Now 3h 6m
RICK WAKEMAN the masters 20 TRKS JAPAN 2 CD YES SEALED US $20.65 Buy It Now 3h 7m
YES YESSONGS VOL. 1 VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE TESTED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $4.50 Buy It Now 3h 10m
5 Star(7" Vinyl)If I Say Yes-Tent-PB40981-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.31 Buy It Now 3h 11m
YES / THE YES ALBUM / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS 1971 RED PAPER LABEL / ATLANTIC US $7.07 Buy It Now 3h 12m
Chris Conner 45 "I Love You Yes I Do" DJ Promo US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 12m
JEWELS Fool in Paradise Oh Yes I know US $74.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
45 RPM RECORD/6) ROY DRUSKY & PRISCILLA MITCHELL / YES, MR. PETERS US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Various Artists : Yes New York CD (2003) US $3.96 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch CD US $10.80 Buy It Now 3h 26m
CHAD BROCK - YES! -CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON ANIMATION LP YES FRONT MAN PROMO US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 32m
CLASSIC ROCK 45S-LOT OF 8-KISS, ZZ TOP, VAN MORRISON, YES PROMO-SEE LIST [0302] US $13.00 [0 bids]
THE HUNCHES - YES. NO. SHUT IT. - NEW CD US $12.37 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Kevin Ayers - Yes We Have No Mananas (With Bonus Tracks) (NEW CD) US $11.22 Buy It Now 3h 45m
THE BEATLES-Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is UK 7" EX Cond US $19.96 Buy It Now 3h 45m
Mike Doughty - Yes and Also Yes - 14 Track US $6.64 Buy It Now 3h 47m
YES Owner of a lonely heart 7" 45 RPM Single 80's Prog Rock/Pop Ex Con US $2.91 Buy It Now 3h 48m
YES VAGABUNDEAR / CORRIENDO UNA LARGA DISTANCIA EN CIRCULOS ARGENTINA 7" US $81.53 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Say Yes Terry Wollman MUSIC CD US $9.68 Buy It Now 3h 55m
CD* Yes I Know My Way: The Best of... - PINO DANIELE *** 1998 VERSION *** US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 55m
YES Yes LP cover framed for wall mounting black or silver GIFT US $23.29 Buy It Now 4h
Union Pacific Show Band Sugar and Spice / Yes, I Love You 1976 45rpm VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h
LOU RAWLS Dead End Street 45 Monologue / Yes It Hurts Doesn't It Capitol Records US $11.99 [0 bids]
Rock 45 Yes - Leave It / Leave It On Atco US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Rock 45 Yes - Love Will Find A Way / Holy Lamb On Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Leave It On Atlantic US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song On Atlantic Recording Company 7 US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Rock 45 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song On Atlantic Recording Company US $3.00 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Steve Howe Steve Hackett GTR 4 Lp Lot ex. Yes Genesis S/T, Please Don't Touch US $29.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Yes - The Yes Album - LP US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Teddy Powell Orch 78 "Yes Indeed/I'd Love You Again" Bluebird 11248 US $11.00 [0 bids]
Cootie Williams 78 "I Lve You, Yes I Do/Smooth Sailing" Mercury 8073 US $11.00 [0 bids]
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by Pointer Sisters... US $6.49 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Rick Wakeman of YES "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth" 12"LP A US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
ALBUM NETWORK 2 CD PROMO-22-w MELISSA ETHERIDGE Yes I Am ADVANCE-Radiohead-UB40+ US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Dickies Just Say Yes 7" blue vinyl rare oop pop punk US $4.99 [0 bids]
PAPA SPRAIN 7" P/S TECH YES / SEE SONS ROUGH TRADE US $8.04 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Kevin Ayers - Yes We Have No Mananas (with Bonus NEW CD US $7.94 Buy It Now 4h 29m
RN'B 45 The Charmers Aladdin 3341 "Oh ! Yes" Hear Both US $39.95 [0 bids]
LE'THER STRIP - YES: I'M LIMITED, VOL. 2 (782388009423) - NEW CD US $9.43 Buy It Now 4h 43m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - 5 STAR - IF I SAY YES - PB 40981 US $11.64 Buy It Now 4h 46m
5 Star (Five Star) - If I Say Yes/Let Me Down Easy (PS) US $8.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
THE POINTER SISTERS LIVE AT THE OPERA HOUSE DOUBLE LP - W/"YES WE CAN CAN" US $9.95 Buy It Now 4h 51m
LOT OF 8 ROCK LP'S JETHRO TULL STEELY DAN REO HEART YES LOVERBOY DOOBIE B US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 51m
Close to the Edge by Yes (CD, Jun-2011, Atlantic (Label)) US $8.67 Buy It Now 4h 56m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"