TOPOGRAPHY: THE YES ANTHOLOGY

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2004

CD 1 (75:16)
1. Open Your Eyes (5:15)
2. Yours Is No Disgrace (Live) (12:59)
3. Your Move/I've Seen All Good People (Live) (7:25)
4. Homeworld (The Ladder) (9:32)
5. Close to the Edge: The Solid Time of Change/Total Mass Retain/I Get Up, (19:42)
6. And You and I (Live) (11:18)
7. Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans: The Revealing Science of G (9:05)

CD 2 (72:31)
1. Gates of Delerium (Live) (23:10)
2. To Be Over (6:11)
3. Awaken (Live) (17:04)
4. Cinema (Live) (1:57)
5. Owner of a Lonely Heart (Live) (6:01)
6. In the Presence Of: Deeper/Death of Ego/The Beginner/Turn Around and Re (10:25)
7. Roundabout (Live) (7:43)

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology lyrics

Search YES Topography: The Yes Anthology tabs

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards
- Steve Howe / guitar (acoustic), banjo, vocals, guitar, guitar (electric), pedal steel, mandolin, bass
- Chris Squire / bass, keyboards, vocals, guitar (bass)
- Billy Sherwood / guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Igor Khoroshev / keyboards, vocals
- Dylan Howe / drums
- Tom Brislin / keyboards
- Andrew Jackman / piano, glockenspiel

2CD Metro Music METRDCD535

Also released as "The sold gold collection" Union Square Music Ltd. SGDCD2041 (2005)

Thanks to chipiron for the addition
and to MANDRAKEROOT for the last updates

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Topography: The Yes Anthology Music

RelayerRelayer
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
YES 90125 RARE 1983 WEST GERMANY TARGET CD US $25.00 Buy It Now 39m 18s
Classic Yes 7" Record! (1978, Atlantic) Plays on 33-1/3 Vinyl, Album, LP US $9.97 Buy It Now 46m 22s
Yes-The Yes Album-LP-Atlantic-SD 8283-Gatefold-Vinyl Record US $5.99 [0 bids]
55m 12s
YES-JON ANDERSON-5 LP'S-TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS-FRAGILE-CLOSE TO THE EDGE-TORMATO US $14.71 Buy It Now 1h
Yes 35th Anniversary Concert Songs From Tsongas Rock Music DVD Set Brand New US $37.52 Buy It Now 1h 6m
YES!, Do Me Bad Things, Good CD US $4.64 Buy It Now 1h 10m
CAT CURTISS ~ Yes I Love You ~ 12" Single USA PRESSING PROMO US $11.50 Buy It Now 1h 16m
John Fahey Yes! Jesus Loves Me Vinyl LP Takoma EX Rare folk US $10.00 [1 bids]
Yes Walls Cd Single 2 Tracks VICTORY 1994 Near Mint!! US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Yes Millenium Collection 2 Cd DIGIMODE 1999 New! Sealed!! US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Yes Close To The Edge - 3rd + Inner UK vinyl LP album record K50012 ATLANTIC US $40.87 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Yes Tales From Topographic Oceans 2-LP vinyl record (Double Album) USA SD2-908 US $66.98 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Yes Relayer - 2nd vinyl LP album record UK K50096 ATLANTIC 1974 US $57.93 Buy It Now 1h 25m
YES - "It Can Happen" (2 Versions - Edit & Live) - 1983 1st US 7" Single - RARE! US $22.88 Buy It Now 2h 5m
YES - "Leave It" (2 Versions - Remix & Acappella) - 1983 1st US 7" Single w/PS US $17.88 Buy It Now 2h 12m
AL PERKINS: Yes, My Goodness Yes / I Fall In Love Again 45 Soul US $18.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
YES - GOING FOR THE ONE / Japan Vinyl LP / OBI / 1977 US $26.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can / Jada 7" 45 - Blue Thumb - Funk / Soul US $6.31 [0 bids]
The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can / Jada 7" 45 - Blue Thumb - Soul US $6.31 [0 bids]
YES - "Leave It" (2 Versions - Remix & Acappella) - 1983 US PROMO ONLY 7" Single US $19.88 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Yes In a Word Progressive Experimental Rock Music CD Pozzoli Box Set Brand New US $52.88 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Golden Earing,Yes ! We´re on Fire,EU,Papersleeve,2 Track,Cardsleeve,Import US $33.33 Buy It Now 2h 43m
POLYPHONIC SPREE-YES, IT'S TRUE-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK E25 US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Mika Nakashima - Yes - Japan CD+DVD Limited Editi US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
Yes Tormato Japan SS Hybrid SACD From High Vibration Box New CD WEA Still Sealed US $47.96 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Classic Yes - Yes New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.26 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Stefano - Yes To Love - 2012 U.S. PROMO cd RARE! US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Hunches - Yes. No. Shut It CD US $18.70 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Merry clayton- yes 7'' VG / VG+ dirty dancing US $4.76 Buy It Now 3h 30m
YES / CHRISSIE HYNDE - DOUBLE SIDED 1 PAGE PIN UP POSTER FROM BOOK. PRETENDERS US $8.52 Buy It Now 3h 35m
YES IT'S HONKY TONK TIME LP record US $2.80 Buy It Now 3h 41m
Yes-2006 magazine advert US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h
COLOURMUSIC - Yes! EP (UK 5 Track DJ CD Single) US $5.61 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Devastations Yes, U CD SEALED US $9.56 Buy It Now 4h 4m
DO ME BAD THINGS YES! CD 2005 UK VERY LIGHTLY USED 10-TRACKS YES US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
SMOKEY ROBINSON yes it's you lady LP 9 track but has sticker tear on sleeve (stm US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h 13m
SMOKEY ROBINSON yes it's you lady LP 9 track but inner is creased (6001tla) us t US $8.52 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Flash - Flash (2009) CD (1972) Prog Rock Peter Banks (Yes) US $14.15 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Flash - In the Can [Remastered] (2010) CD (1972) Prog Peter Banks (Yes) US $14.15 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Flash - Out Of Our Hands CD (2010) Prog Rock 1973 Peter Banks (Yes) US $14.15 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Yes - Classic Yes US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Yessongs [CD New] US $14.59 Buy It Now 4h 35m
YES - THE YES ALBUM, 1971 ATLANTIC 19131, PSYCHEDELIC/PROGRESSIVE ROCK LP RECOR US $10.99 [0 bids]
YES 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6151 US $42.66 Buy It Now 4h 43m
1977 - YES - Going For The One + UK Tour Dates -Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.34 Buy It Now 5h 10m
YES/TIME AND A WORD ORIG UK 2400006 US $218.00 Buy It Now 5h 19m
YES, WHO, NO MERCY , THREE RECORD DEAL VINYL LP'S US $21.00 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Yes - Time & A Word (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.89 Buy It Now 5h 48m
YES Big Generator 180g VINYL LP NEW US $28.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
Vintage 1950s 45 Record: Mills Brothers "Yes You Are" "Opus One" DECCA 9-29496 US $5.06 Buy It Now 5h 57m
YES 90125 RARE 1983 WEST GERMANY TARGET CD US $51.00 Buy It Now 5h 58m
YES CHRIS SQUIRE 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6255 US $42.66 Buy It Now 6h 7m
YES/LEAVE IT JPN P1845 US $8.00 Buy It Now 6h 9m
YES/DRAMA ORIG UK K50736 US $64.00 Buy It Now 6h 19m
PENNY DeHAVEN Yes I do b/w Wild Wild Heart STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES double dynamite LP dopuble album set of time and a world album and the yes US $40.85 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES fragile LP 9 track red label in textured gatefold sleeve wear to sleeve edge US $19.27 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES going for the one LP 5 track fold out sleeve with inner and deletion cut in US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES going for the one LP 5 track multi fold out sleeve with inner light wear to US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES MINISTER original soundtrack from the bbc tv series LP 2 track featuring dev US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES tales from topographic oceans LP 4 track double matrix a2/b2/c3/d3 sleeve ha US $12.25 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES: OWNER OF A LONELY HEART / OUR SONG 45 RPM US $1.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES tormato LP 8 track but has slight ringwear and deletion cut to sleeve and se US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES yes album LP 6 track gatefold sleeve but has light edge and ring wear and on US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Pino Daniele : Yes I Know My Way CD (1998) US $8.45 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES yes shows LP 8 track double light wear to sleeve and deletion cut (sd2510) US $9.40 Buy It Now 6h 28m
YES yesterdays LP 8 track with inner a1/b1 matrix light ring wear to sleeve (k5 US $8.52 Buy It Now 6h 28m
SHEP'S BANJO BOYS - YES SIR THAT'S MY BABY AINT SHE SWEET EP PORTUGAL TECLA EX US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
ASIA 'Aria' (CD) Geoff Downes (YES) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
In the City of Angels [Bonus Track] by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD,... US $18.68 Buy It Now 6h 34m
Yes! Jesus Loves Me: Guitar Hymns by John Fahey (CD, Nov-2007, Takoma) US $17.21 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Change We Must [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes))... US $18.34 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Yes by Mika Nakashima (CD, Jun-2007) US $19.62 Buy It Now 6h 39m
SEALED YES LP 90125 ATCO A1-90125 ELECTRONIC ROCK SYNTH POP US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
YES-Going For The One/Awaken PT. I UK 7"single US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
YES-Don't Kill The Whale-Abeline UK 7"single PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Yes The Yes Album 1971 Piros 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $65.00 Buy It Now 6h 57m
Rockabilly 45 Warner Mack ^ Too Bashful ^ Yes, There's A Reason ^ DECCA US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Indeed US $11.93 Buy It Now 7h 9m
YES "90125" 1983 CD US $4.60 [0 bids]
YES Close To The Edge CD BRAND NEW US $15.70 Buy It Now 7h 13m
YES Going For The One 1977 UK Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $25.58 Buy It Now 7h 14m
MIKA NAKASHIMA - Yes CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE: YES I AM [I'M THE ONLY ONE,COME TO MY WINDOW,SILENT LEGACY+] US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Yello You Gotta Say Yes To Another Express CD Synthpop Music Album Brand New US $11.93 Buy It Now 7h 23m
M- THE WILDWOOD PICKERS YES SIGNED BY ALL 5 MEMBERS THEN FIRST HARVEST US $52.79 Buy It Now 7h 25m
Yes - Yesterdays NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 7h 30m
STEVE HOWE=BEGINNINGS VG++ VINYL. YES US $19.90 [0 bids]
ESQUIRE S/T DEBUT ALBUM. NM VINYL. CHRIS SQUIRE. YES. ASIA. US $10.92 [0 bids]
CHRIS SQUIRE-FISH OUT OF WATER VG++ CONDITION. YES. US $11.92 [0 bids]
James Brown: It's A Man's Man's Man's World / Is IT Yes Or Is It No? 7" 45 VG+ US $7.49 Buy It Now 7h 38m
Jon Anderson (Of Yes) - Song Of Seven - RARE DIFFERENT Israel Israeli LP LISTEN US $14.24 Buy It Now 7h 45m
CD - (1993) YES - 90125 US $3.72 [0 bids]
GOING FOR THE ONE VINYL LP[FOLD OUT COVER][K50379]1977 YES, YES, Good US $7.47 Buy It Now 7h 49m
Jon Anderson (Singer from Yes) Deseo US $8.00 [0 bids]
CD-Jon Anderson-Know(lead singer of Yes-solo LP prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h
CD-Kevin Ayers-Joy of a Toy/Yes We have no..2 on 1 US $15.00 Buy It Now 8h
PET SHOP BOYS YES CD MEGA MIX PROMO ONLY USA Astralwerks Records US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 2m
TONY BANKS THE FUGITIVE Promo LP from 1983 Yes Related Atlantic Records 80071 US $4.99 Buy It Now 8h 2m
YES - AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS - 30 PAGES US $40.95 Buy It Now 8h 2m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology ratings distribution

YES Topography: The Yes Anthology reviews

Review by chopper
2 stars I'm not really sure what to make of this compilation. It is nicely packaged (apart from the misspelling of "Delirium") double CD set with a Roger Dean-style floating islands cover and good liner notes with details of all the tracks and a short summary of the tortuous history of Yes, however it is a strange compilation and I'm puzzled as to who it is aimed.

Half the tracks are from the "House of Blues" live CD, then we have the title track from the "Open Your Eyes" album (which I have never heard but, judging by this track, it appears deserving of the low opinion that most Yes fans have of it). We also have "The Ladder" title track, "In the Prescence of" and the live orchestral "Gates of Delirium" from some versions of "Magnification" (but not mine), "Close To The Edge" from "Keys to Ascension 2" and, for reasons unknown, the solo Steve Howe "Excerpts from Tales From Topographic Oceans" (from "Not Necessarily Acoustic" and Yes' "Friends And Relatives Volume I") and "To Be Over" from "Natural Timbre".

So, all in all a rather strange mixture. If you have "Live From The House Of Blues" then there's probably not much point in getting this. If you want a compilation of Yes classics, then there are several better than this. The only selling point for me is the brilliant symphonic version of Gates which, as I said, is not on my version of "Magnification".

I'll give this 2 stars overall for the excellent packaging and of course the music is good, although hardly their best work.

Send comments to chopper (BETA) | Report this review (#78244) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 15, 2006

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars Bargain basement for beginners

This is rather a strange compilation, and certainly not the "Anthology" it purports to be. The album smacks of a record label concocting a mixture of the Yes tracks to which they own the rights, and attempting to present them as some sort of career spanning summary.

The only reason they can get some way towards this is because some of the source albums are live recordings, which include classic material. The reality is though that versions come from more recent live collections such as "Live from the House of Blues", "Yes- symphonic" and "Keys to ascension 2". On the plus side, this means that we are treated to classics such as "Close to the edge", "The gates of Delirium" and "And you and I". The down side is, we have them already!

The studio tracks come from the later albums "The ladder", "Magnification", and "Open your eyes".

If you are looking for a reason to buy this album, which is admittedly usually to be found at a rock bottom price, it is for the relatively rare Steve Howe pieces "Excerpts from Tales from Topographic Oceans" and "To be over", although these can be found on his solo albums and on other compilations. Since "Yes-symphonic" is only available in DVD format, the inclusion on CD of the aforementioned "Gates of Delirium" is arguably worthwhile too.

As long as you are prepared to take the "Anthology" tag with a huge pinch of salt, this is not a bad way of discovering Yes if you are new to their music. Don't read too much into the newer studio tracks though.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#148122) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Review by thehallway
2 stars Not really sure what the point is of this, or indeed why I bought it.

It claims to be an ultimate, superior, amazing, must-have, career-spanning anthology of Yes's career. IN REALITY, 50% of it comes from one previously released live album, 20% from another previously released live album, and the studio tracks from some of the band's most dreadful previously released studio albums.

Hmmm...

The songs are good for sure, but I would advise you to buy them on their respective albums and get the lot, rather than this very random compliation with spelling mistakes and a vague running time which simply reads "over 2 hours"...

Send comments to thehallway (BETA) | Report this review (#279249) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 24, 2010

2 stars Hmmmmmm..... Thought I'd get this, because I saw it cheap, and I felt I ought to try Yes. I expect all you Yes fans are scraming at this point - not a good one to start with. Well, I really appreciate their virtuoso skill, and a lot of the music does sound good, but I don't really like the v ... (read more)

Report this review (#151300) | Posted by PinkPangolin | Saturday, November 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Topography: The Yes Anthology"