Jethro Tull - Living In The Past  CD (album) cover

LIVING IN THE PAST

Jethro Tull

Prog Folk

PinkPangolin
4 stars This actually was my first Jethro Tull album, and as such it remains my favourite. Unlike "Through the Years" this is an awesome compliation. The best tracks for me were the acoustic guitar dominated ones like "Nursie", "Just Trying to be" and "Life is a long SOng" - truly amazing tracks.

It blasts away with "Song for Jeffrey" - and the first time listener is truly converted - ace mixture of prog, folk and blues.

I highly recommend this, so you may find it strange that I've only given it 4 stars - this is purely due to the fact that it was a compilation, and the 2 live tracks leave a little to be desired (drum solos are a little tedious these days - although it is very good).

PS - Why did they leave "TEacher" off the CD - check this if you are buying this - that's annoying. Also, they didn't take enough of the cracking pictures off the double-vinyl issue and put them on to the CD sleeve.

Otherwise this is truly magnificent - a wonderful introduction to Prog Folk - Highly recommended!!

PinkPangolin | 4/5 |