Genesis - Trespass CD (album) cover

TRESPASS

Genesis

PinkPangolin
5 stars A lot of people say that Genesis "didn't really arrive" until "Nursery Cryme". I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that. They HAD truly arrived with this. Musical, haunting, goose-pimply, quiet, heavy - this had everything. A true work-of-art. The opening 3 tracks are fabulous, but it really gets going with side 2 - "Stagnation", "Dusk" and "The Knife" are just mindblowing - my favourite being "Stagnation" - what a weird subject to write a song about, but you really really feel what the song is all about in the lyrics and the music.

"Dusk" truly has a magical feel about it, and then "The Knife" just blows you away with its increasing magnitude of rock.

And Anthony Phillips is awesome here - what a shame it ended here for him with Genesis. This is not a criticism of Steve Hackett - who is a truly awesome guitarist as well of course.

Well, this lead to "Nursery Cryme" next - which was even better (and my favourite Genesis album).

Truly haunting - NOT to be missed!

PinkPangolin | 5/5 |