Saga - Images At Twilight CD (album) cover

IMAGES AT TWILIGHT

Saga

UMUR
3 stars I was really surprised to find Images at Twilight in my old LP collection as I have no recollection of listening to the album before. Maybe that says everything about Images at Twilight, as it is really without highlights. The songs are well composed and the musicians are really good, but personally I find the music kind of generic.

The most exciting thing on the album is the extensive use of synth, and the vocoder chorus in "See Them Smile". The music is very much centered around recognizable choruses and Michael Sadler´s powerful voice. Everytime it´s about to get interesting with some instrumental parts we´re quickly back in the vers chorus structure.

All in all it is not an album I will listen to very much in the future, but I will have to give it 3 stars for the high quality in composition and musicianship. I´m sure there are people who will enjoy this more than I did, and if you are into symphonic hard rock ( eighties style) this is probably a very good album.

UMUR | 3/5 |