Genesis - Genesis Live CD (album) cover

GENESIS LIVE

Genesis

UMUR
3 stars This early attempt at a live album from Genesis doesnt really show the greatness of Genesis music. The production is too weak for that. It is enjoyable though and essential to Peter Gabriel era Genesis fans. But it is not essential to prog heads in general. Good but not essential.

Its too bad though as the selection of songs on the album are really excellent. Except for Suppers Ready and The Fountain of Salmacis every epic is here. But the production is the worst enemy here as it is below standard.

Its hard to say that much about a live album like this, because its not brilliant only good, and average products are sometimes the hardest to review. I seldom listen to this album because its just not worth it. I have always regarded Genesis mostly as a studion band. I dont really think their music is very fitting for the stage.

This sound very negative, but I think its a good album, and some might find it better than me. Im just generally not that excited about live albums.

UMUR | 3/5 |