Genesis - Genesis Live CD (album) cover

3 stars This early attempt at a live album from Genesis doesnīt really show the greatness of Genesis music. The production is too weak for that. It is enjoyable though and essential to Peter Gabriel era Genesis fans. But it is not essential to prog heads in general. Good but not essential.

Itīs too bad though as the selection of songs on the album are really excellent. Except for Suppers Ready and The Fountain of Salmacis every epic is here. But the production is the worst enemy here as it is below standard.

Itīs hard to say that much about a live album like this, because itīs not brilliant only good, and average products are sometimes the hardest to review. I seldom listen to this album because itīs just not worth it. I have always regarded Genesis mostly as a studion band. I donīt really think their music is very fitting for the stage.

This sound very negative, but I think itīs a good album, and some might find it better than me. Iīm just generally not that excited about live albums.

UMUR | 3/5 |