La Tulipe Noire - Faded Leaves CD (album) cover

FADED LEAVES

La Tulipe Noire

progrules
3 stars The first encounter I had with Tulipe Noire was with the streamsong on this site, The Haze, which seemed reallly nice to me. So when I saw this album in the store (La Tulipe Noire is quite rare in Holland) I thought: well, let's take it. What I liked about The Haze was the terrific instrumental phase in the second part of the song. It made me believe this band had great potential. Maybe they do but I have to say I don't really find it on this album. I mean, it's decent material but I miss the extra spark that I look for in prog and in neo-prog in particular. The Haze has that but all the songs on this issue don't in my opinion.

I'm sorry about that because I had hoped I had found another jewel of a band. It's not really, although this isn't bad or poor so I will give 3 stars to it.

progrules | 3/5 |