FADED LEAVES

Good, but non-essential

Buy LA TULIPE NOIRE Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Silence (7:29)
2. Castle On The Sand (8:27)
3. Winter In Your Heart (8:19)
4. Lost Souls Ballad (5:39)
5. Carnival In Venice (7:49)
6. A Beggar's Tale (4:15)
7. Le Fond Du Ciel (8:13)
8. Wanderer (9:05)
9. A Memory Picture (5:42)

Search LA TULIPE NOIRE Faded Leaves lyrics

- Nick Kassavetis / drums

Guest star:
- Kostas Savvides / guitar

Musea Records FGBG 4453.AR

LA TULIPE NOIRE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy LA TULIPE NOIRE Faded Leaves Music

Faded LeavesFaded Leaves
2002

More places to buy LA TULIPE NOIRE music online Buy LA TULIPE NOIRE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for LA TULIPE NOIRE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

LA TULIPE NOIRE Faded Leaves ratings distribution

LA TULIPE NOIRE Faded Leaves reviews

Review by Greger
3 stars The quintet LA TULIPE NOIRE is one of Greece's biggest names in progressive rock, or neo-progressive to be precise. They have developed a lot since I heard their second album "Shattered Image" album from 1999. "Shattered Image" was a blueprint copy of MARILLION around "Misplaced Childhood". Their debut album "In The Gates Of Dream" (1996) were actually more original. On their third album "Faded leaves" they have developed their own sound, much flavoured by their female vocalist Ima and their brilliant guitarist S. Kontakis. The production could've been better but overall this is a really nice album somewhere in progressive rock's middle-class.

Send comments to Greger (BETA) | Report this review (#10877) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 15, 2004

Review by loserboy
4 stars For those who have read my previous reviews will clearly remember my attraction to this surprisingly all-inspiring neo-prog band from Greece whose second album captivated my ears. With "Faded Leaves" (their 3rd album), La TULIPE NOIRE pick up right where they left off delivering an album not far off "Shattered Image". "Faded Leaves" resonates with a calm charm throughout and contains some great songs. Once again lead singer Ima is back with her emotive vocals and theatrical style. Typical of La TULIPE NOIRE, musically songs build as you move thru with a very tight rhythm section (drums - Nick Kassavetis and bass - Hyde) , fine atmospheric keyboard (Alix) and some great David GILMOUR'ish guitar solos (S. Kontakis). Their songs are highly emotive and really give the listener that melancholy feeling. Without a question fans of PENDRAGON, IQ and MARILLION will likely love this band. Another winning album !

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#10878) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 20, 2004

Review by progrules
3 stars The first encounter I had with Tulipe Noire was with the streamsong on this site, The Haze, which seemed reallly nice to me. So when I saw this album in the store (La Tulipe Noire is quite rare in Holland) I thought: well, let's take it. What I liked about The Haze was the terrific instrumental phase in the second part of the song. It made me believe this band had great potential. Maybe they do but I have to say I don't really find it on this album. I mean, it's decent material but I miss the extra spark that I look for in prog and in neo-prog in particular. The Haze has that but all the songs on this issue don't in my opinion.

I'm sorry about that because I had hoped I had found another jewel of a band. It's not really, although this isn't bad or poor so I will give 3 stars to it.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#153100) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 29, 2007

3 stars This is the third studio album from this Greek band and not much has changed in their sound from the previous album "Shattered Image". It seems like most rate this one ("Faded Leaves") higher than the previous one though although i'm not one of them. "Faded Leaves" does seem to achieve greater highs than "Shattered Image" but it also has some very average sounding tunes. So overall I prefer the previous one and maybe since that was my first taste of the band that could also have an influence on my feelings towards these two records.

"Silence" and the next two tracks really got my hopes up. All three songs to start this album are fantastic ! The atmosphere with lots of background synths and those female vocals that remind me of the SIMPLY RED singer are so impressive. Especially when she sings with passion, but even in a reserved voice i'm hooked.

Things come back to earth big time on "Lost Souls Ballad" which is probably my least favourite.This continues with the next three tracks as well. It's not until we get to "Wanderer" that my hopes are raised but by now it's too late. Still this song is amazing with all that atmosphere and some excellent guitar too. "A Memory Picture" opens with lots of atmosphere as keys come in in a sparse manner. Guitar is next then bass as it picks up slowly. It kicks in before 2 minutes and vocals follow. Not bad song really but i'd say there are four incredible songs on this album and five so-so tunes.

A good Neo album regardless.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#312658) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
3 stars Now this is something of a rarity, a new progressive rock album from Greece. It has been a long time since Aphrodite's Child and Vangelis hit the scene and this band is quite a different prospect. This is the third album from La Tulipe Noire (seems unusual to have a French name when they are Greek), and does seem to be a very mature work. They are a five-piece with a female vocalist in Irma, and this is thoughtful prog in many ways. Not only is the music structured and complex when it is required, it can also be simple and spacious. Irma has a very clear voice, and never strains so that she comes over almost as a female version of Jon Anderson. There are some deep and meaningful lyrics, which deserve reading in their own right (thankfully the whole album is performed in English) and I am somewhat surprised not to have heard of this band before.

It will not suit everyone, as while the songs are interesting and enjoyable, they do little in breaking new territory. They are probably more Floydian than many of the neo-prog bands around but there are still tinges of Marillion here and there. The result is a work that is very polished, and at times almost beautiful, and is certainly worth hearing even if it isn't the most essential release of the year.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978142) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

5 stars I know very well this band, and now after i've listened all their 4 album, i can give my review in a full vision of their whole work. Their style remember a bit Marillion or Pendragon, but very less in this album, and just in the central passage of "Winter in your heart", you can hear the sound a l ... (read more)

Report this review (#373065) | Posted by Aragon | Wednesday, January 05, 2011 | Review Permanlink

2 stars I want to begin my review on the album "Faded Leaves" of the Greek band LA TULIPE NOIRE, that this is the only of their works that I heard to the moment ( that means wich my review is not a vision of his whole work ) , but, at least in this disk , his music it provided me few moments of ent ... (read more)

Report this review (#313154) | Posted by maryes | Thursday, November 11, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Hey guys it's a good album to listen. The female singer, Ima is great. I'm listening neo- prog for many years and somehow I haven't met with the greek group before. Some albums which are much greater then this I wouldn't listen as often as this. Simplicity and temperament on this one are hypn ... (read more)

Report this review (#73145) | Posted by | Saturday, March 25, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of LA TULIPE NOIRE "Faded Leaves"