Pendragon - The World CD (album) cover

THE WORLD

Pendragon

progrules
3 stars I have to say I'm a bit amazed about the average score so far for The World. Don't get me wrong, Pendragon is a great band, one of my all time favourites even but this album is not by a long way one of their better efforts. I only really liked it in the beginning and then we are talking about 1992 or so and then I have to add to it that this was one of my very first real prog albums, I was mainly into Saga in that period and in those circumstances you can imagine that a good album by Pendragon is mindblowing.

But as I learned more prog and later on also more Pendragon I also learned that though this album is good it's far from sensational. I already had that in mind before I gave it a last spin recently for the review to check if what was in my mind was really what it is to me now and that I will be giving a justified judgement about it. In fact there is not even one song on the album I got really enthusiastic about, it was just the second part of Queen of hearts that got me somewhat going but the rest was just a bit better than mediocre to me. It shows how music can evolve on you. In 15 years time it has gone from some 4,75 stars to 3,25 now. So I think I have to round this down to 3 stars. Even though this album meant a totally new style for the next decade by this band !

progrules | 3/5 |