Genesis - Spot the pigeon CD (album) cover

SPOT THE PIGEON

Genesis

UMUR
2 stars I was quite surprised when I learned about the existence of this EP, because I thought I had collected everything there was to collect from the early Genesis. Well a nice surprise it is, even though I fear the standard of the first two tracks are not really that good. I think they are far too pop orientated and radio friendly. Inside and Out is a very good track though and worth listening to a couple of times.

This EP makes a nice link between Wind and Wuthering and ...and then there were Three. Actually I thought these songs were outtakes from the later, but it seems they are outtakes from the Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering sessions. These are the last recordings with Steve Hackett on board, and a nice testimony to him ( even though this is not his best or most innovative work, itīs nice and melodic). Nothing special though and only for completists.

UMUR | 2/5 |