Submarine Silence - Submarine Silence CD (album) cover

SUBMARINE SILENCE

Submarine Silence

Rock Progressivo Italiano

UMUR
3 stars Submarine Silence is a Genesis clone and not trying to hide it. This is not necesarely a bad thing though. In this case I have mixed feelings regarding the subject.

The band are very competent musicians and the compositions are well crafted. The songs sound like instrumental cuts outs from A Trick of the Tail by Genesis. this is of course the "problem" if you wish to see it this way. Some would love to hear cut outs from A Trick of the Tail, and some of us are happy with the original. I feel this is just a little too much ripp- off, but on the other hand this is well crafted and very nice.

Personaly I find it a bit too nice. It really doesnŽt offend anyone, and I like to be offended. I miss vocals too if I have to be frank, but that is just my subjective point of view.

The music is driven a lot by the guitar and the keyboard, the drums and the bass are more in the background, this is where Submarine Silence does not sound like Genesis.

All in all a nice album. I should give this 2 stars for the idea and the missing originality but the quality of the music is definitely worth 3 stars. IŽll settle at 3. When you listen to this album though, try not to think too much about the idea, just focus of the quality of the music, then it is pretty enjoyable.

Note the cover art. IsnŽt it fantastic ?

UMUR | 3/5 |