Arena - Smoke & Mirrors CD (album) cover

3 stars I think this dvd is absolutely worth the price. As an Arena fan, you should have it. The tracklisting is good, the songs are played good and the overall performance is good. But still I miss something on this dvd. I would have liked a more flashy performance, more stage-lights. It misses the 'show-effect'. And thought the song are preformed well, it isn't as spectacular as it could have been, I think. The art is okay, and the interviews are good: short and to the point. This makes it fun watching for everyone.

One thing still has to be said. Rob Sowden is a good vocalist! The old songs flourish with his good voice. His perfomance could be a bit more direct to the public, for he is the frontman of the band. John Mitchell, one of my fovourite guitarist, shows his high skills very well on this dvd. Watching him play is very inspiring, for I am a guitarist myself.

Not perfect, but still a very good experience. The fans should be satisfied, for the recording is much better then their other dvd 'Caught in the Act'.

friso | 3/5 |