Tony Banks - Bankstatement CD (album) cover

Tony Banks

3 stars I largely concur with previous reviewers in my opinion of this album. There's nothing particularly offensive about Bankstatement, but there's nothing particularly memorable about it, either. Overall, it's a nice production. Good singers, great keyboard textures from Banks, and a few musically poignant moments. My favorite songs are I'll be Waiting, The Border, Diamonds Aren't so Hard, and Thursday the 12th. The only one I really don't care for is (as always) the song that Tony sings himself, Big Man.

If you like Tony Banks, this is worth getting. But don't pay a premium price to get it! I guess I would sum it up by saying that this album is more consistent than most of his solo albums, but it's somewhat bland in its consistency. I like Bankstatement, but I prefer his albums with some bad songs and some GREAT songs (like Still).

bassandbeyond | 3/5 |