Pain Of Salvation - The Perfect Element Part 1 CD (album) cover

THE PERFECT ELEMENT PART 1

Pain Of Salvation

progrules
4 stars I'm not really surprised this album by Pain of Salvation is constantly high up in the ranking of best prog albums of all time. Every time I play this I'm astonished by the quality of the bands musicianship and the specialness of the compositions. This album simply breathes masterpiece status as I always say. And still I will give it four stars and that is caused by the style of the band which isn't 100% my cup of tea. Where prog metal is concerned I prefer the smoother style played by bands like Threshold and Vandenplas. PoS plays more in eclectic style, more original and innovative and actually more interesting and versatile too. But still sound and style suits me less I have to admit.

Therefore I can't go for the full score here. Title track The Perfect Element has always been and will always be one of their very best songs to me and really stands out. But in fact all the other songs on this exiting concept album are very worth while. Highly recommended; in fact for all proggers a must to explore, that is if you want to be an allround prog fan.

progrules | 4/5 |