Hawkwind - Choose Your Masques CD (album) cover

Hawkwind

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Atkingani
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars HAWKWIND are a band I really like and I'm always ready to condone them even if they don't meet the Hawk-standard I praise too much. This is the case of "Choose Your Masques", a release some points below their fine output of the 70s - this album barely touches the pattern we're used to hear from them.

One will hear many sounds and effects that carry the HAWKWIND label but it's only a trick to keep the space-psych atmosphere, but among a bunch of weary tracks, 'Fahrenheit 451' and 'Arrival in Utopia' hover easily over others 'cause they are great rocks, full of energy and color, even dansant. The addition of classics like 'Silver machine' and 'Psychedelic warlords' may be of interest mainly if you are a beginner within the band's stuff.

Not too much to add but anyway if you're a Hawk-fan be sure this album was aimed for you. Collectors might appreciate "Choose Your Masques" too.

Atkingani | 2/5 |