Edge of Sanity - Evolution CD (album) cover

EVOLUTION

Edge of Sanity

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

UMUR
2 stars Why oh why did I buy this ? I already have all albums from Edge of Sanity and looking at the titles of the songs on Evolution, I should have known that this isnīt worth purchasing. But of course I was curious because Evolution contains some cover songs that werenīt on the albums.

This isnīt really a best of collection as there are none of the best Edge of Sanity songs on Evolution. Instead you get remastered and remixed versions of some of the more unremarkable songs from their albums. Itīs not exactly a brilliant idea if you ask me. The music is nineties Swedish death metal and of the melodic yet brutal type.

The cover songs which was the reason I bought this album in the first place arenīt especially good either. The cover of Manowarīs Blood of My Enemies are already found on the Spectral Sorrows album and the covers of Slayerīs Criminally Insane and Danzigīs Mother are horrible in my ears.

The idea about making best of albums is seldom a good idea and with this album itīs just a catastrophy. Why not choose the best songs for a best of album ?

Well itīs not that bad. Iīm just a bit angry because I bought this. Itīs worth 2 stars and nothing more. Buy the When All is Said collection instead, thatīs really worth your money.

UMUR | 2/5 |