Riverside - Second Life Syndrome CD (album) cover

Prog Metal Team
4 stars After reading all the positive reviews of Second Life Syndrome I just had to give this album a chance. My verdict is that it's an amazing album by this promising polish band!

The album has a unique sound by a mature band that knows what they want and how to achieve those goals. I actually liked the album even more after seeing the band play some of these compositions live on their Rapid Eye Movement-tour. Mariusz Duda is a really gifted craftsman and seeing him playing the bass sections of Volte-Face while keeping the spark in his vocals impressed me beyond words.

Being their, so far, most acclaimed release I don't feel the need of writing a tedious track-by-track walk-through since these have been done before and I don't have much to add to those remarks. Except maybe for the fact that, during Volte-Face, Mariusz Duda plays many of the upcoming guitar-sections on his bass just before the guitar which makes for an interesting contrast.

If you've never heard Second Life Syndrome then I can guarantee that you're missing out on something spectacular!

***** songs: Volte-Face (8:40) Dance With The Shadow (11:38)

**** songs: Conceiving You (3:40) Second Life Syndrome (15:40) Artificial Smile (5:27) I Turned You Down (4:34) Reality Dream III (5:01) Before (5:23)

*** songs: After (3:31)