Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Sinusoid
4 stars An album that has found its way into many a household in its 35+ years of existence. Unless you're young and not into hard rock or prog rock, then virtually everyone has heard DARK SIDE OF THE MOON at least once in their lives. It's a seminal classic of rock music...heck, it's a seminal classic of RECORDED music.

Unfortunately for me, it's TOO classic. This is more of a Sinusoid problem than a general problem as I feel the same way towards other albums like MASTER OF PUPPETS, MOVING PICTURES, PARANOID, etc. That's the main reason why I dock a star as both radio and personal airplay kind of killed repeated listenings these days.

But, it's an album that anyone can instantly get into an it'll stick in their memories for YEARS. The middle four songs (''Time'' through ''Us and Them'') are pretty much essential listening for getting into this album/Pink Floyd. The lyrical themes are very well done, a rare praising from me as I usually am not a lyrics person, and the songs segue into each other perfectly giving DARK SIDE OF THE MOON a sense of cohesion.

One of those albums necessary to call yourself a music fan, even if the classic-ness wears out.

Sinusoid | 4/5 |