Camel - A Live Record CD (album) cover

A LIVE RECORD

Camel

Hercules
5 stars Live music doesn't get much better than this. The first album showcases one or two tracks from 4 of their first 5 albums brilliantly, the second is a complete performance of their ultimate masterpiece, The Snow Goose. They don't put a foot wrong; consummate musicians all. As Doug Ferguson moved on during the time period over which this was recorded, being replaced by Richard Sinclair, both bassists feature, as does Mel Collins.

Camel are great in the studio but the tracks really come to light live, especially the Snow Goose. If I had to pick one live album to take to a desert island, this would be it. My only regret is that I was in Canada during the time period of this tour and was unable to see them live; I suspect that any gig around this time would have been completely unforgettable. However, this album is the next best thing and is a clear 5 star masterpiece. No collection of prog is complete without this one.

Hercules | 5/5 |