Camel - Moonmadness CD (album) cover

The Pessimist
4 stars Camel's second best album, I consider this to be the younger and slightly less interesting twin of Mirage. Indeed this album is superb in almopst every way possible: melodic, climatic, unpredictable, beautiful and classically based; it just lacks a certain quality that drags Mirage to the top of my Camel collection. Anyway, here is a track by track:

1. Aristilus - 7/10 2. Song Within a Song - 9/10 3. Chord Change - 9/10 4. Spirit of the Water - 7/10 5. Another Night - 9/10 6. Air Born - 10/10 7. Lunar Sea - 10/10

The thing I love about this album is that it goes out with a bang, the last two tracks being the strongest of the 7. I haven't given descriptions for each track as I don't feel it necessary; you need to find out for yourself. I will tell you this - it is definitely worth the money. 4 stars.

The Pessimist | 4/5 |