The Moody Blues - The Magnificent Moodies CD (album) cover

THE MAGNIFICENT MOODIES

The Moody Blues

ZowieZiggy
1 stars Most of the songs featured on this debut album (this is the UK version - the US one being named Go Now) are cover songs from the rhythm & blues repertoire.

Gershwin, Dixon and some lesser known ones are on the programme. I have to admit that this first album has little to do with their later work and is not a great record. Of course, this one has to be compared with the comparable, but when one listens to the first Fab Four album, it was significantly better than this one.

The only outstanding track is "Go Now". A number one hit single in the UK. And frankly, if you except this one, there are hardly any other interesting songs featured. One of the bonus track, maybe ("Time Is On My Side"). But it doesn't add anything great to the original Stones version.

I am not very keen on this style of prehistorical music. And I doubt that even a "Moody Blues" fan can be enthusiastic about such a work. Three out of ten? Not even sure. One star.

ZowieZiggy | 1/5 |