THE MAGNIFICENT MOODIES

11. True Story
12. Bye Bye Bird

Bonus tracks on 1992 Repetoire CD:
13. Steal Your Heart Away
14. Lose Your Money (But Don't Lose Your Mind)
15. It's Easy Child
16. I Don't Want To Go On Without You (Come Back)
17. Time Is On My Side

- Denny Laine / guitar, vocals
- Elaine Caswell / percussion
- Clint Warwick / bass

LP Decca (1966)

CD Repetoire (1992, remastered, with 7 bonus tracks)

and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE MOODY BLUES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE MOODY BLUES The Magnificent Moodies Music

Polydor / Umgd 2005
Question of BalanceQuestion of Balance
Timeless FlightTimeless Flight
UMe 2013
The Moody Blues Sur La Mer CD - Like New Up for grabs, The Moody Blues Sur La M US $9.53 Buy It Now 46m 34s
THE MOODY BLUES Caught Live +5 2PS 690~1 2LP E1036 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE MOODY BLUES Octave 1978 Japan Press OBI LP D8967 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE MOODY BLUES "NM WAX" Days Of Future Passed 1973 JP LP e1033 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
THE MOODY BLUES This is The Moody Blues 2THS12/13 2LP D8968 US $59.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
MOODY BLUES, The - Threshold Of A Dream: Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 US $27.22 Buy It Now 1h 25m
THE MOODY BLUES~A Question of Balance~Threshold SMAS 93329~VG++! US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Moody Blues - Timeless Flight CD UMGD/HIP-O RECORDS US $59.32 Buy It Now 1h 39m
The Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves Favour THS 5 Vinyl LP US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
THE MOODY BLUES. " GO NOW ! " DECCA UK 1964 ORIG 7". EX+ US $11.61 [0 bids]
Moody Blues Programme. US $23.38 Buy It Now 2h 23m
RAY THOMAS. 'From Mighty Oaks' LP - Spain - Promo - Moody Blues US $8.29 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues : Out Of This World : Vinyl Album : K-tel : NE 1051 US $9.62 Buy It Now 2h 31m
The Moody Blues Octave Promotion Use Vinyl Music Record Album,Good Condition. US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES - THE PRESENT - VINYL LP RECORD - 810 119-1 US $37.41 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES - DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED- VINYL LP RECORD SMLA 707 US $42.09 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues 7" vinyl - Nights in White Satin US $4.98 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES Octave LP 70's US Pressing PROG US $5.57 Buy It Now 3h 12m
THE MOODY BLUES isn't life strange/after you came TH 9 threshold 1972 7" WS EX/ US $11.61 Buy It Now 3h 18m
THE MOODY BLUES a question of balance THS 3 1W/1W 1st pressing uk LP PS VG/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 3h 20m
THE MOODY BLUES this is MB 1/2 P1W/P3W/P2W/P5W early press DOUBLE LP PS VG+/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 3h 21m
MOODY BLUES "YOUR WILDEST DEAMS" 7" 45 RECORD US $6.55 Buy It Now 3h 24m
The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour - Original Release CD US $11.31 Buy It Now 3h 47m
THE MOODY BLUES To Our Childrens Childrens Children Orig Release CD (Near Mint) US $12.71 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Moody Blues - Strange Times [CD New] US $8.56 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Original 1971 THE MOODY BLUES Every Good Boy LP Vinyl Record ALBUM 12" THS 5 US $19.28 Buy It Now 4h 29m
"ALMOST MINT"..MOODY BLUES..BLUE WORLD..1983 THRESHOLD RECORDS POP/PROG.ROCK 7" US $3.30 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Classics Of Rock - The Moody Blues - Cassette 1990, Made In Poland Paper Labels US $15.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
Seventh Sojourn by The Moody Blues Rock, Progressive Rock,.**LIKE NEW** US $9.49 Buy It Now 5h 19m
MOODY BLUES - ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM [CD NEW] US $12.96 Buy It Now 5h 22m
MOODY BLUES - OCTAVE - LONDON PS 708 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 24m
The Moody Blues (1972 Gatefold) "Seventh Sojourn" Threshold # THS 7 See Pics! US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 30m
THE MOODY BLUES "22,000 DAYS / THE VOICE" 1981 THRESHOLD RECORDS STRONG VG+ US $3.00 Buy It Now 5h 38m
THE MOODY BLUES octave GATEFOLD US $14.12 Buy It Now 5h 41m
Moody Blues - Self Titled 12" LP on Decca 624004 Plays Excellent US $6.64 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES - SEVENTH SOJOURN - THRESHOLD DECCA POLYGRAM RECORDS, 1972 820 159-2 US $9.78 Buy It Now 5h 50m
THE MOODY BLUES - OCTAVE - 1978 - VERY GOOD CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
6h
THE MOODY BLUES - SEVENTH SOJOURN - 1972 - VERY GOOD CONDITION US $4.99 [0 bids]
6h
Story of the MOODY BLUES Legend of A Band 1989 Oop Polygram CD 70s US $9.07 Buy It Now 6h 17m
THE MOODY BLUES: NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN / CITIES ~ 1968 DREAM 5N 85023 VG/VG+ US $3.99 Buy It Now 6h 18m
8 TRACK THE MOODY BLUES IN THE BEGINNING **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 151 US $11.99 Buy It Now 6h 33m
The Moody Blues-Your Wildest Dreams 7" USA P/S 1986 US $6.63 Buy It Now 6h 33m
#THE MOODY BLUES ISN'T LIFE STRANGE / AFTER YOU CAME 1972 TH9 US $2.49 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues- To Our Childrens Childrens Children-Orig. 1969 Play Graded NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 45m
MOODY BLUES:GO NOW/IT'S EASY CHILD:(DECCA 1964) EX US $21.57 Buy It Now 6h 50m
THE MOODY BLUES Caught Live + 5 NOVA VG++/NM/NM- 2LP UK Pressing US $9.35 Buy It Now 6h 58m
THE MOODY BLUES THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 528 US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h
The Moody Blues 45 w/ps YOUR WILDEST DREAMS / TALKIN' TALKIN' ~ VG+ US $2.19 Buy It Now 7h 13m
FACTORY SEALED DBX Encoded LP On the Threshold of Dream The Moody Blues NR21 US $45.00 [0 bids]
CLASSIC ROCK LOT OF 25 VINYL RECORDS - MOODY BLUES, RARE EARTH, AMERICA, ETC. US $24.95 [0 bids]
8 TRACK THE MOODY BLUES A QUESTION OF BALANCE **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 146 US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Lot 3 Moody Blues CD's-Hall of Fame, Long Dist. Voyager,Days of Future Passed US $19.95 Buy It Now 7h 52m
MOODY BLUES "A QUESTION OF BALANCE" 12" LP 33 RPM EX NM BRITISH INVASION ROCK US $4.00 [0 bids]
8 TRACK THE MOODY BLUES DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 145 US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 8m
The Moody Blues(Vinyl LP Gatefold)To Our Childrens Childrens Children-UK-Ex-/VG US $26.99 Buy It Now 8h 11m
THE MOODY BLUES The Present Vinyl LP Threshold TXS140 1985 US $14.93 Buy It Now 8h 17m
THE MOODY BLUES ON THE "THRESHOLD OF A DREAM" 12" LP 33 RPM VG NM BOOKLET ROCK US $4.00 [1 bids]
MOODY BLUES - RIDE MY SEE-SAW 45! '68 psych rock HEAR Deram US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 25m
RARE! MOODY BLUES - YOU INTERVIEW LP RADIO SPECIAL US $22.99 Buy It Now 8h 26m
8 TRACK TAPES - MOODY BLUES - SEVENTH SOJOURN US $3.24 [0 bids]
8 TRACK THE MOODY BLUES ON THE THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM *ORIGINAL ISSUE* 147 US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 35m
Moody Blues: In Search of the Lost Chord - MInt 1968 British Invasion rock album US $5.00 [0 bids]
MOODY BLUES ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM GATEFOLD DERAM ORG PRESS BOOKLET VG+ US $11.88 Buy It Now 8h 46m
8 TRACK THE MOODY BLUES SEVENTH SOJOURN **ORIGINAL ISSUE** 148 US $11.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
MOODY BLUES - Seventh Sojourn - Excellent Con LP Record US $14.93 Buy It Now 8h 51m
The Moody Blues To Our Childrens Childrens Children G-Fold London Stereo THS 1 US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES GO NOW ITS EASY CHILD CLASSIC 60s ROCK POP 7" US $1.64 [0 bids]
~ THE MOODY BLUES "Gemini Dream/Painted Smile'" 45 Record ~ 1981 ~ US $2.95 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues In Search Of The Lost Chord 1A Matrix Excellent US $15.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
THE MOODY BLUES-ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM 1969 DERAM RECORDS LP REISSUE MINT US $16.99 Buy It Now 9h 39m
THE DICKIES Nights In White Satin 7" VERY RARE UK A LABEL PROMO MOODY BLUES KBD US $66.41 Buy It Now 9h 39m
MOODY BLUES DAYS OF LIVE CHORD CHILDREN DREAM 180 Gram Sealed 7 LP'S + 3 CD'S US $424.99 Buy It Now 9h 41m
THE MOODY BLUES DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED VINYL RECORD ALBUM US $25.00 Buy It Now 9h 55m
LP THE MOODY BLUES every good boy deserves favour US $11.63 Buy It Now 10h 2m
Vintage Record Album THE MOODY BLUES "IN SEARCH OF THE LOST CHORD" US $11.99 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Moody Blues, The In Search Of The Lost Chord (LP) US $8.22 Buy It Now 10h 9m
Moody Blues 5 Lp Lot Seventh Sojourn, Octave, Every Good Boy, Caught Live, Long US $21.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
The Moody Blues(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Every Good Boy -Threshold-Ex/Ex US $21.57 Buy It Now 10h 12m
MOODY BLUES DAYS OF FUTURE PAST LP MNT US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 12m
The Moody Blues- Best (12trk)/Korea Only Rare CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Story of the Moody Blues... Legend of a Band by The Moody Blues (CD,... US $2.99 [0 bids]
Moody Blues Long Distance Voyager Polygram 12" LP 1981 Threshold VG+/VG++ US $2.99 [0 bids]
Moody Blues & Gerry & The Pacemakers Backing Cd US $8.29 Buy It Now 10h 20m
MOODY BLUES - Singles + - Double LP Record NEW SEALED US $41.50 Buy It Now 10h 24m
THE MOODY BLUES SEVENTH SOJOURN LP XZAL11773W Lot# 530 US $2.99 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Vinyl Record 12" LP - The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour Gatefold US $18.95 [0 bids]
The Moody Blues The Story Of The Moody Blues Legend Of A Band US $3.99 Buy It Now 10h 43m
The Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves a Favour LP Record Album XZAL 10638P TH US $1.99 Buy It Now 10h 49m
JUSTIN HAYWARD, JOHN LODGE (FROM MOODY BLUES) BLUE JAYS LP THS 14 NO INSERT US $3.73 Buy It Now 10h 54m
Moody Blues Days of Future Passed DES 18012 ORIGINAL STEREO US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 2m
Holland Import LP THE MOODY BLUES Music For The Millions DECCA 6495 107 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11h 6m
GEMINI DREAM - THE MOODY BLUES - SPANISH DECCA RECORDS P/S US $1.64 [1 bids]
I'M JUST A SINGER - THE MOODY BLUES - GERMAN THRESHOLD RECORDS P/S US $1.64 [0 bids]
THE MOODY BLUES - THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE Cassette BUY UP TO 4&PAY SHIPP FOR 1 US $2.90 Buy It Now 11h 14m
The Moody Blues - Blue World - 7" Vinyl Single in Picture Sleeve US $5.98 Buy It Now 11h 18m
THE MOODY BLUES vinyl lp record DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED lot 7 US $16.61 Buy It Now 11h 19m
The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams - 7" Vinyl Single in Picture Sleeve US $5.98 Buy It Now 11h 21m
On The Threshold of A Dream The Moody Blues US $5.99 Buy It Now 11h 23m
THE MOODY BLUES~ Music Vinyl records-7 LP lot gatefold sleeves original issues US $9.95 [1 bids]
The Moody Blues / This Is The Moody Blues / 1974 / Threshold 2-THS 12 / 2 LP Set US $7.88 Buy It Now 11h 25m

More places to buy THE MOODY BLUES music online Buy THE MOODY BLUES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE MOODY BLUES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE MOODY BLUES The Magnificent Moodies ratings distribution

THE MOODY BLUES The Magnificent Moodies reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars THIS IS NOT PROG. They started out as a pop group of the sixties before they became a household name with Days Of Future Past. They had released this Go Now single and a few other and this R'N B is not bad for the times. But if you want to listen to the symph Moodies Go Now elsewhere.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#15781) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Review by Atkingani
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
2 stars This album is basically equal to 'Go Now' released a year before and already reviewed.

What is astonishing noticeable for both albums is that the same band that should receive a 1st-class treatment some months later, with new and sophisticated instruments, stereo recording, orchestra suite, powerful arrangements were so poorly produced.

Anyway, this album is good to hear if you are only trying to obtain a sabbatical from more complex progressive works. Then 'Stop!', sit and enjoy the songs and that's all. Nothing is left.

For collectors/fan only. Total: 2 stars.

Send comments to Atkingani (BETA) | Report this review (#57634) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Review by ZowieZiggy
1 stars Most of the songs featured on this debut album (this is the UK version - the US one being named Go Now) are cover songs from the rhythm & blues repertoire.

Gershwin, Dixon and some lesser known ones are on the programme. I have to admit that this first album has little to do with their later work and is not a great record. Of course, this one has to be compared with the comparable, but when one listens to the first Fab Four album, it was significantly better than this one.

The only outstanding track is "Go Now". A number one hit single in the UK. And frankly, if you except this one, there are hardly any other interesting songs featured. One of the bonus track, maybe ("Time Is On My Side"). But it doesn't add anything great to the original Stones version.

I am not very keen on this style of prehistorical music. And I doubt that even a "Moody Blues" fan can be enthusiastic about such a work. Three out of ten? Not even sure. One star.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#162454) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, February 23, 2008

Review by UMUR
2 stars The Magnificent Moodies is the debut album by UK progressive pop/ rock artist The Moody Blues. This is the only Moody Blues album to feature guitarist Denny Laine and bassist Clint Warwick.

The style of music on The Magnificent Moodies differs greatly from what most people expect from a Moody Blues album. The style is RīnīB influenced and rather naive and simple. The songs are all single length ( 2-3 minutes long) and nothing sticks out as being innovative or progressive in any way. With titles like Can't Nobody Love You, Thank You Baby and Something You Got itīs very obvious which kind of lyrics are on the album. Itīs the kind of lyrics I associate with Doo-Wop from the fifties.

The musicianship is good and I especially enjoy the many vocal harmonies.

The production is good for the time.

Allthough The Magnificent Moodies is a representative album for the time itīs really not that interesting to my ears. Looking back at the album in a clear retrospective light there are so many other albums in the same style that was much better ( for example The Beatles mid-sixties albums) and I canīt give this album more than a 2 star rating. If you like the style youīll probably enjoy this more than me though.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#207974) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, March 22, 2009

Review by tarkus1980
3 stars After owning a cheap knock-off version of The Magnificent Moodies for a number of years, I finally decided enough was enough and that I needed to get something that came closer to the original version of the album. I went out and purchased a CD version with this album, with bonus tracks and everything, and figured this would be all that I would need to become acquainted with this incarnation of the band. Unfortunately, I later realized that I hadn't grabbed the best possible version: while a remastered version of the album exists that also contains all 26 tracks this lineup officially recorded, it turns out that I'd grabbed a version that only has 16 songs, and which apparently doesn't even contain all of the tracks that were on the original album. And so, I'm reviewing a version of this album that doesn't exactly match what other (e.g. well-informed) people will have available to them should they wish to purchase this, or would have bought for themselves already. Sheesh, it's hard enough to get people to pay attention to this version of the group: it's made all the more difficult to take its existence seriously when there are so many conflicting versions of the album floating around (like what also happened with all of the different versions of the first Genesis album). It doesn't help that my version is missing a few tracks that are minor classics; I had to hunt down "Boulevard De La Madelaine" on my own later.

Still, I can only review what I have, and this does feel like less of a patchwork release than does that Time is On My Side album I've owned for so long, so I press onward. The truth is, I don't totally get why some people praise this version of the group so vehemently (aside from possibly overreacting in dislike of the "regular" version of the group), but that doesn't mean it's not without strong merits. The band doesn't rock very hard, even by 1965 standards (of course, the later band didn't rock very hard by any standards, not that that was a major problem), but the band isn't sloppy either, and it sounds pretty tight and snappy. The vocal harmonies are different from the classic sound, what with having no Hayward or Lodge and having Denny Laine, but Pinder and Thomas are around, and they sound just as distinct now as they would later. The instrumentation is fairly standard, apart from a few bits of flute here and there, but Pinder presents himself as a solid R&B pianist, and the band shows a decent knack for generating excitement and for showing a flair for the dramatic.

So yeah, the band had a few good things going for it. As far as the songs go, there are only a few major standouts, but most of them are at least decent. As mentioned in the last review, the big highlight is "Go Now," which somehow manages to have a huge, anthemic sound despite terrible production. Heck, maybe it's partially because of the terrible production; the song ends up feeling like it's somehow existed forever, and that if it didn't exist the universe would be worse off. Of course, it's not actually that amazing, but it's got great vocal harmonies, a decent enough lead vocal from Laine, and a bunch of soulful piano lines, so it's still a pretty great song.

As easy as it would be to dismiss this just "Go Now" and filler, though (and technically that kinda sorta was how it happened), a few of the other songs definitely stand out as well. The opening James Brown cover, "I'll Go Crazy," has some silly call-and-response action going on in the beginning, but it also has a really fun piano-driven groove and a bunch of great start-and-stop vocal parts, so it can stick around. "Something You Got" might have gone down as unremarkable filler otherwise, but for some reason just adding a flute to the sound gives it a slightly exotic sound, and it kinda works. Another James Brown cover, "I Don't Mind," features a nice Pinder vocal, and as mentioned before, it's tons better than the Who cover of the same song. An original song, "Stop," is one of the first betrayals that the band would eventually move away from standard R&B, thus passing the Rubber Soul test (roughly speaking, if a song was released in 1965 or afterwards, but sounds like it belongs in 1964 or earlier, I say it fails the RS test; otherwise, a song passes), and it's a good one. Ray Thomas gets a great vocal spotlight in a cover of a Gershwin song, "Ain't Necessarily So"; it's a good reminder that Ray, aside from being the flautist and the band's caretaker of childlike whimsy, was a fine tenor in his own right. And finally, "It's Easy Child" would have made a really great 1963 Beatles song, and that's ok by me.

The rest of the tracks are just kinda okayish, but except for a couple of them being really boring, they're at least passable. So overall, this is a decent enough album, and while regular fans of the band would have no reason to bother picking this up, "pop music historians" who happen to like the group would get some value out of this. If that's you, get it.

PS: I have to say, though, that the liner notes to this album have to be one of the obnoxiously pissy things I've ever read. The bulk of it is useful information about the band during this time, but it's largely ruined by whining that the later version of the band ("lite psychadelia" for "aging baby boomers") became popular while this one faded into footnote territory. Uh, not to sound too snarky about an album that I more or less like, but maybe if this version of the band was more interesting and distinctive, it wouldn't be a footnote ...

Send comments to tarkus1980 (BETA) | Report this review (#293028) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 01, 2010

Review by Tarcisio Moura
2 stars Well, I really liked Tarkus1980 in depth review of this album here. At last somene did it! Because there is not much to say about it, at least prog wise. The Moody Blues MKI was not an outstanding band from hundreds of others at the time. Their repertoire is the usual: blues, R & B and soul covers, some merseybeat stuff and all. The only real highlight is the famous Go Now!, which deserverly was a big hit for them. The production was quite poor and the performances are ok. Mike Pinderīs playing however shows he was an excellent pianist already, with several tasteful breaks.

Itīs hard to believe that this is the band that only one year after that would record such powerful and groundbreaking stuff as Days Of Future Past. Well, not exactly the same band, since guitarrist Denny Laine and bassist Clint Warwick would be gone and the classic line up would reunite for a string of important records. Still, it was a stunning achievement for such little time and such young outfit. They had a real special chemistry. However, the early Moody Blues were not. And I agree with the ones who think they were two completely different bands. It seems that even MB themselves see that way.

So in the end I found this CD a curio and nothing more. This surely for the collectors and completionists. One and a half star, rounded to two because of Go Now!

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#394031) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 04, 2011

2 stars Just like PFM's first record(not exactly but I Quelli) is this first Moody Blues record is a quite nice little record. "The Magnificent Moodies" from 1966 though has little in common with the later more symphonic sound and nothing to do with prog feelings. Unlike other bands of those days The ... (read more)

Report this review (#1108737) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Monday, January 06, 2014 | Review Permanlink

2 stars Okay, to be fair this is hardly the same band that gave us such gems as DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, and TO OUR CHILDRENS CHILDREN". This is pure 60's British pop. It is not bad pop, however, but it is pop. I think only 3 of the people on this album are also on the later Moody works. "Go Now" was, of ... (read more)

Report this review (#928072) | Posted by mohaveman | Sunday, March 10, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The Magnificent Moodies ? 1966 (3.5/5) 11 ? Best Song: Something You Got? No it's Can't Nobody Love You So many folks have taken a strong whiff of debut albums and sent them to the shredder. Either they're musical curios or 'paving the way for the future' or 'showing the band at their infancy'. ... (read more)

Report this review (#440448) | Posted by Alitare | Friday, April 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This was the first album for the band whose name comes from their favourite beer. At this time Denny Laine, later of Wings fame, was the lead man. The direction here is very blues and sixties pop based. There is a bit of Motown feeling in some of the songs. The big hit here is "Go Now". I ... (read more)

Report this review (#322046) | Posted by Brendan | Tuesday, November 16, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The roots of a myth: The Moody Blues. Another difficult CD for a rational review for me. I don't understand totally the Prog and this CD please me too. So, how to do? If i listen to my heath clearly... 5 stars. But for PA and Prog isn't so... Well for me The Magnificient Moodies is one of my fav ... (read more)

Report this review (#156225) | Posted by Sole | Saturday, December 22, 2007 | Review Permanlink

2 stars All (but one) of the single, EP and LP tracks of the band's original lineup are on this 25 track release. Contains that lineup's one big 1965 hit, "Go Now". This material is British Invasion Pop and R&B covers, bearing no real resemblance to the band that scored with "Nights in White Satin" an ... (read more)

Report this review (#42257) | Posted by trfesok | Tuesday, August 09, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE MOODY BLUES "The Magnificent Moodies"