Genesis - Three Sides Live CD (album) cover

3 stars As a live album, Three Sides Live (now Four Sides Live as the CD reissue is based on the US release of the album, which included a fourth side of live tracks - from 1976 - instead of the studio tracks the UK release originally proposed - things like Paperlate, Evidence Of Autumn) is a very good one. Not as great as Seconds Out (which is my favorite Genesis live album), but very good anyway. The only thing I don't like about this release is that mostly of the tracks present here are from the albums Duke and Abacab, the two Genesis albums I don't like (I hate Abacab). Me And Sarah Jane, Misunderstanding, Behind The Lines/Duchess, these versions are good, but I prefer the 1976- 77 era... The sleeve looks like a bootleg one, just like Frank Zappa's Fillmore East, June 1971. Awful sleeve, anyway. Quite listenable after all these years.
Zardoz | 3/5 |