Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear CD (album) cover

SCRIPT FOR A JESTER'S TEAR

Marillion

OzzProg
5 stars Ok, so pretend you have never heard or read anything about this mysterious band named... Marillion.

After listening to this un-named album, you would instantly dash to your computer, open up your internet browser, and begin typing www.progarchives.com. After that, you would search Genesis, and open up their discography. After this step, you would be completely baffled; Huh? I see Selling England, I see Lamb Lies down... but I don't see anything in between.

You see, if you did this... you are very foolish, for low and behold this is not an album created by the music machine known as Genesis, it is the next best thing (or possibly better?) named... MARILLION, Script For A Jester's Tear. At this point, your mind is about to explode with musical joy.

On a more serious note, the music of this album is completely essential. Marillion creates a very Genesis like sound, with one change in my opinion; it sounds like David Gilmour on guitars. The singer, FISH, could easily be mistaked for Peter Gabriel, who performs with very strong vocals.

This album cries out to be bought. Please do so.

OzzProg | 5/5 |