Tool - Undertow CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

The Pessimist
2 stars I really do not like this album for a number of reasons really, but the main two reasons are because it's not melodic and it's definitely NOT prog. Intolerance is merely a metal song with pretentious vision; Prison Sex, despite the curiously disgusting lyrics, is an OK song, just listenable; Sober is the only song worth buying this album for, as it is very good; Bottom is too lengthy and not to my tastes; Crawl Away is aweful; Swamp is OK; Undertow is aweful; 4° I have no opinion on; Flood is the most interesting song, nevertheless, still not prog; Disgustipated is a waste o space and time. I cannot listen to this song at all, it boring and really really unmelodic and tasteless. The only thing promising about this album is the drumming, which demonstrates greater drumming to be expected. As mentioned above, the only real good song is Sober, as it's a very famous Tool song. 2stars for being not prog at all, but having a pinch of original and decent material.
The Pessimist | 2/5 |