Klaus Schulze - X CD (album) cover

X

Klaus Schulze

Progressive Electronic

OzzProg
3 stars Hmmm, my first Klaus Schulze albums (actually i bought X at the same time as Mirage).

First off I would like to state, this is not my taste at all. The songs are strung out with long ambient sections, with an almost techno beat accompanying. I am usually up for ambient music... but dedicating half an hour of my extremely short life for one strung out section of very shallowe ambient dribble is beyond me. The songs are simply to long, just for fun when I uploaded them onto my computer, I skipped to different parts of each song. In msot cases (1:00) sounds identical to (25:00).

Ofcourse, many people argue that this is really deep mood music, and I can see what you mean (hence 3 stars), it gets you into some cool hippy trance. However, it just rips at my nerves.

Die hard fans of ambient music will cherish this album, so if you are one of these people, HERE YA GO!

OzzProg | 3/5 |