Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon CD (album) cover

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

tdfloyd
5 stars I have been lurking here for about a year and I thought it was time to add something to this great site. Since this is my first review, I figured that I would start at the top of the pyramid. The Dark Side of the Moon is it. A concept album based on madness and the pressures of modern life , with state of the art production that still stands up today, huge but leasurely paced and tasteful guitar solos, wonderful piano on some tracks and otherworldly keys in others. Big drums in places, wordless vocals and a mountain of special effects placed to make the album seamless from song to song. Not a wasted or excessive note to be found.

For a while I thought that there may be albums that are as good but the proof is in the amazing pudding. Whenever I hear a song from Dark Side on the radio, I never turn the station. I don't tire from any of it. Even after all of these years and it endless play. If someone has the cd spinning, I listen. I still pull it out to play.

It is the best...the line forms to the right.

tdfloyd | 5/5 |