Yes - Classic Yes CD (album) cover

CLASSIC YES

Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Oh, well, Yes first ´best of´ package. I can´t say I like it, although all songs are excellent. Yes is one fo those groups you can´t really understand their work without hearing the whole piece. I mean, at least from The Yes Album until Going For The One. I must confess I had this album for a short time, when a friend gave me in the early 90´s. At the time I still had no Yes album in CD. But the moment I heard those songs I knew I had to have the original albums. Those classics have no meaning for me without the other tracks.

Ok, if you´re new to Yes, this is a good starting point. It has some of their best known numbers, but it is also missing many others. Being cheap is the only reason I can recommend this album. Other than that, go get their classics 70´s stuff. It may be more expensive, but you´ll get much more satisfaction also.

Tarcisio Moura | 3/5 |