Peter Hammill - Over CD (album) cover

Peter Hammill

5 stars This album is something unique. The man in such pain that his words and singing takes the listener beside him, making you feel like a personal friend of Hammill, trying to find some words that could relief him. It is so sincere that it seems your best friend telling you his broken heart story. There are some incoherences with the story and some dubious music, but the maelstrom in Peter's feelings shouts that this album shouldn't be coherent or perfect at all. The most outstanding pieces of the album IMHO are the central part, when he is narrating the key moments of his heart breaking: Time Heals, Alice, Looking Glass, Betrayed, Yoga. It is so sincere, so touchable, that it makes of it an album you can only listen with a certain mood. I would add that I was into a similar kind of heart breaking first time I listen to it. I could deeply understand every single bitter word from Peter. Since then this record is part of my life forever. Essential not only in progressive but in life.
Salmancis | 5/5 |