Genesis - Invisible Touch CD (album) cover

Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Well, this is my least favorite album of their īpopīphase. It does have some nice songs, but it lacks what always had in their earlier (and latter) releases, a remarkable tune. If Genesis had Home By The Sea, and We Canīt Dance had No Son Of Mine, this one has something close, but not quite ther in Domino. Maybe thatīs the reason I never owned this album, even thouth it does have a mention to my country (The Brazilian).

As a pop album this an excellent efford, nevertheless. In Too Deep, for instance, is a beautiful ballad, maybe one of Genesis best. The musicians, as always are great, the production is one of the best and the arrangements are fine.

As a prog album, in a prog site, though, this CD is far from essential. Invisible Touch is only for completionists and pop rock fans. Good, indeed, but nothing more than that. And even at their most commercial, they did better CDs.

Tarcisio Moura | 3/5 |