Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer CD (album) cover

SORCERER

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

russellk
2 stars Uninspired, flaccid and lame, this knock-together soundtrack made the TANGS a fair wad of cash.

The Main Title is a 'pink years' avant-garde wall of dark, droning sound, and actually works quite nicely. Sadly, few of the remaining tracks do, sounding like out-takes from previous efforts. 'Search', for example, introduces a nice pulse with no context, then fades it out after a couple of minutes of noodling. Listening to this album is like viewing the artworks in a gallery through a series of portholes: a frustrating exercise in what-might-have-been and wonder-what-that-is.

Sadly, this set TANGERINE DREAM on their soundtrack career. Reviewers suggest that this is the best of them: I can't comment, as I've avoided them assiduously ever since. I want to purchase music designed for me to listen to, not as an accompaniment to visual images I can't see when listening to the album.

I don't count this as an 'official' TD album, instead choosing to pretend it doesn't exist.

russellk | 2/5 |